NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
OP
OP

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So luckily I called CEC today. They were still operating under the assumption that I was going to wait for a fix.

I initiated the case for a replacement. Odd the disconnect between the dealer and CEC. I guess they’re really not going to lead with buyback/replacement if they don’t have to...

siMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA, 15 M2, 14 FRS, 10 STI, 02 WRX
Also having this issue. Mine will be 30 days with them tomorrow. Constant run around and no real fixes. Just he say/she say. All they throw around is that it’s a new vehicle.

OP
OP

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

siMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Started a lemon law case, will update on Toyota’s decision if they are unable to fix it. Been about 36 days and no program for the parts.

dd1eye

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5
I just got an update on mine and the update was that there is no update. They are not even bothering in giving me an estimate. I am only 2 weeks so far.

siMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lights work but are unable to clear code because no programming. They stated it’ll take another 2-3 weeks. They need to give me another vehicle ASAP

OP
OP

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lights work but are unable to clear code because no programming. They stated it’ll take another 2-3 weeks. They need to give me another vehicle ASAP
Same thing they told me on day 30. Apparently the workaround that didn’t work entailed using the old body ECU because they can’t get code onto the new one, hence the code/error is still there.

I was told no ETA and could take months. I told them I have no faith in the vehicle and want it replaced.

Broke my wants down this way to them:

-quick time to resolution
-confidence in the product long-term

Explained that even if they tell me tomorrow they can fix the car, it doesn’t solve for my concerns about this vehicle now.

siMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Went to check the vehicle, lights work! But still has annoying low beam malfunction message. I will continue with lemon and hopefully get another Supra. If not a check for another vehicle, most likely a GT-R will happen.

OP
OP

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Went to check the vehicle, lights work! But still has annoying low beam malfunction message. I will continue with lemon and hopefully get another Supra. If not a check for another vehicle, most likely a GT-R will happen.
When the dealer service manager called me to say my car was in the same state, he said it would be better if I didn’t pick it up if I was pursuing replacement. Who knows...

I just know that the idea of driving a broken car with 355 miles on it doesn’t sit right with me.

siMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I agree, mine didn’t even have over 70 miles ‍♂

siMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just got a phone call from another case manager and I have to say she was highly unprofessional. None of the information she gave me was new other than I will know after December if they are able to give me a replacement. That would mean since the purchase of the Vehicle it will sit with Toyota for three months before they are even able to tell me if I am getting a new vehicle. This is ridiculous.

OP
OP

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just got a phone call from another case manager and I have to say she was highly unprofessional. None of the information she gave me was new other than I will know after December if they are able to give me a replacement. That would mean since the purchase of the Vehicle it will sit with Toyota for three months before they are even able to tell me if I am getting a new vehicle. This is ridiculous.
If I get a call like that I’ll be retaining a lawyer.

OP
OP

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This thread makes me worried about picking up a new Supra. Ugh. Good luck to you guys on your brand new cars. I hope they give y’all new replacement cars.
I absolutely loved the car so if you get a good one...
Sponsored