Left low beam malfunction

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
You guys should have filed for a lemon process. I think it's unacceptable that Toyota is going to sit on the buyback or replacement process. Although you have a process started with Toyota, you should start your formal lemon process. This means sending Toyota a formal letter that you want a buyback of replacement. I would also file a complaint with your local consumer protection division. At that point, Toyota will expedite the process because they don't want bad words getting out.
Sponsored

OP
OP

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
You guys should have filed for a lemon process. I think it's unacceptable that Toyota is going to sit on the buyback or replacement process. Although you have a process started with Toyota, you should start your formal lemon process. This means sending Toyota a formal letter that you want a buyback of replacement. I would also file a complaint with your local consumer protection division. At that point, Toyota will expedite the process because they don't want bad words getting out.
Not clear that thereā€™s any difference between sending a letter and what weā€™ve done.

I agree that it may be time to push hard. I called yesterday and was promised a call back yet it didnā€™t happen.

EDIT - thanks for the nudge. I just reached out to a lemon lawyer.

dd1eye

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5
Just got a phone call from another case manager and I have to say she was highly unprofessional. None of the information she gave me was new other than I will know after December if they are able to give me a replacement. That would mean since the purchase of the Vehicle it will sit with Toyota for three months before they are even able to tell me if I am getting a new vehicle. This is ridiculous.
Lawyer up

OP
OP

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lawyer up
Got calls from the lawyer and from Toyota today.

Lawyer said definitely have a case and theyā€™re happy to represent me. Could take up to 90 days and he indicated that Toyota is very hard to work with. Regardless, he thinks I have a good case. Going to review paperwork.

My Toyota CEC was nice and polite but explained the cases she handles are kept separate from the lemon stuff. All she could see was that a letter went out 2 days ago to me - she called it a ā€œpre-offer letterā€.

Anyone reading this know what a pre-offer letter is in Toyotaspeak?

Gonna review that correspondence and call the caseworker handling the lemon stuff (I was told that personā€™s contact info is in the letter) prior to inking anything with the lawyer.

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
Sounds like progress. A snail's pace but progress nonetheless. Best of luck on getting this resolved.

OP
OP

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Opened the letter this morning. Theyā€™re buying back my car!

Now for the paperwork. Gonna call tomorrow and discuss everything.

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
Congrats! Glad it worked out for you.

Hopefully this experience doesn't sour the car for you. Are you going to get another Supra?

OP
OP

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Congrats! Glad it worked out for you.

Hopefully this experience doesn't sour the car for you. Are you going to get another Supra?
Yeah I will be. Although Iā€™m more than a little concerned about long term ownership.

siMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA, 15 M2, 14 FRS, 10 STI, 02 WRX
Got a call last week, They are getting me a launch instead.

OP
OP

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got a call last week, They are getting me a launch instead.
Oh? How did that conversation go?

Was your original car a Launch?

dd1eye

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5
If I am reading the law correctly, they have 15 days to fix the problem under the lemon law. They have had my car for 25 days. Can anyone here confirm that it is 15 days? Also, can anyone recommend a lemon law lawyer?

OP
OP

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If I am reading the law correctly, they have 15 days to fix the problem under the lemon law. They have had my car for 25 days. Can anyone here confirm that it is 15 days? Also, can anyone recommend a lemon law lawyer?
The law varies from state to state. Iā€™d suggest googling for both the law that governs your situation and an attorney. In my situation, the Toyota lemon response seems fine so I likely wonā€™t be involving a lawyer. The lawyer I consulted indicated resolution could take up to 90 days and was a separate process outside of the track Iā€™m in now with Toyota. At this point Iā€™m not eager to restart the clock.

siMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA, 15 M2, 14 FRS, 10 STI, 02 WRX
No I am leaving early next year for about a year and the car would be delivered when I was not around. So instead of waiting for one that was built the dealer I purchased had a launch. Not the color I wanted but Iā€™ll settle with this.

dd1eye

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5
Talked to my service adviser today since I am over 30 days since I took the car in. There still is no resolution and they are expecting a recall to go out mid December or Mid January if they can figure out how to resolve the problem. I also saw another notice that they are stopping the sale of the car. Which means that if my :lemon" request is approved I would not be able to buy another supra. They are really twisting my arm here and forcing me not to buy another.
Sponsored