Limp mode big turbo car

TWC

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Supra, 2003 Mustang Cobra (terminator), 1998 BMW M3
Disclaimer: I’m taking it to the shop next week but in the mean time just curious if anybody’s has had same issue

Titan eos port kit
Garrett gtx turbo

Basically the car has been running great up until when I last drove it, last weekend. Drove it last night and today and it won’t go over 3 psi. I did turn it off last night and started it back up, boosted like normal on my short drive back home and then today i went out again and she’s back into limp after 5 min of driving. Ethanol content gauge going from 1-60 (was at 75 when running well). Sound like an issue with the reflex? Maybe fuel pump dying?
No check engine light
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Disclaimer: I’m taking it to the shop next week but in the mean time just curious if anybody’s has had same issue

Titan eos port kit
Garrett gtx turbo

Basically the car has been running great up until when I last drove it, last weekend. Drove it last night and today and it won’t go over 3 psi. I did turn it off last night and started it back up, boosted like normal on my short drive back home and then today i went out again and she’s back into limp after 5 min of driving. Ethanol content gauge going from 1-60 (was at 75 when running well). Sound like an issue with the reflex? Maybe fuel pump dying?
No check engine light
Your going to have do a datalog of your car while it’s doing it and go over everything or send the datalog to your tuner.

It could be boost cut, lean protection, limp mode, or anything…..

OP
OP

TWC

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Your going to have do a datalog of your car while it’s doing it and go over everything or send the datalog to your tuner.

It could be boost cut, lean protection, limp mode, or anything…..
For sure. More so curious if anybody had their ethanol reading go crazy

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

Titan eos port kit
Garrett gtx turbo

No check engine light
:postpics:

-RJM

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Tag your tuner here so we can see the issue and solution.

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra, 2017 BMW X5
I had a similar issue, except stock turbo, visconti flex fuel kit, catless DP, tuned on Ecutek - Flex Fuel.

I had a bad tank of ethanol.. depending on how much ethanol you have left.. drive calmly till the tank is near empty and refuel and if possible get some of this conditioner.

https://lucasoil.com/products/fuel-treatments/safeguard-ethanol-fuel-conditioner-with-stabilizers

After I added conditioner and drove a little for it to mix, i started boosting a lil more but not full power until I drained and refilled.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
I would log it and have your tuner review. Also pull your codes using your ECUTEK adapter, ive seen codes present that dont trigger a CEL

Reactions: TWC
OP
OP

TWC

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had a similar issue, except stock turbo, visconti flex fuel kit, catless DP, tuned on Ecutek - Flex Fuel.

I had a bad tank of ethanol.. depending on how much ethanol you have left.. drive calmly till the tank is near empty and refuel and if possible get some of this conditioner.

https://lucasoil.com/products/fuel-treatments/safeguard-ethanol-fuel-conditioner-with-stabilizers

After I added conditioner and drove a little for it to mix, i started boosting a lil more but not full power until I drained and refilled.
was wondering about that too. Tanks almost empty, going to do some logs in a bit and try to run most of the fuel out.

OP
OP

TWC

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey guys, got the issue resolved. Had a bad connection with my boost controller and something in the port injection. They had to re wire a couple things and it’s as good as new again
Sponsored