Looking for a good deal on Supra

TrdProSupra

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TRD PRO 4Runner
Excuse my first post as being skeptical. Ive seen the dealer mark downs from Montana being ~50k. As a serious prospective buyer does anyone actually have proof? pictures of these quoted 48.5k or 49,999 for a supra? Lowest I have so far is 50,695 + TTL.

Searchneverend: 50k OTD? that seems to be a bargain. Or maybe you're trying to live up to your name, searching for the cheapest new supra.ever.
Sponsored

Kendogg

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Excuse my first post as being skeptical. Ive seen the dealer mark downs from Montana being ~50k. As a serious prospective buyer does anyone actually have proof? pictures of these quoted 48.5k or 49,999 for a supra? Lowest I have so far is 50,695 + TTL.

Searchneverend: 50k OTD? that seems to be a bargain. Or maybe you're trying to live up to your name, searching for the cheapest new supra.ever.
$50.5k otd and before taxes, is the best Iā€™ve found locally. Msrp is right under $57k
1702028A-1FF2-41BE-B6D6-315061F5310A.jpeg

Kendogg

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Production on 2021 has halted and they will not release them until the MY2020 have sold.
Doesnā€™t work that way and fortunately it doesnā€™t. Toyota has been averaging around 300 sold Supras a month. With currently 1400 around, it would be 5 months before the 2021ā€™s. Iā€™m wondering if Toyota even has control over the production amount.

Theyā€™ll be here in June or July IMO.

enzoyama

First Name
enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lamborghini Huracan, Mclaren 720s, Porsche 911 Turbo, e46 M3
Doesnā€™t work that way and fortunately it doesnā€™t. Toyota has been averaging around 300 sold Supras a month. With currently 1400 around, it would be 5 months before the 2021ā€™s. Iā€™m wondering if Toyota even has control over the production amount.

Theyā€™ll be here in June or July IMO.
Production has stopped for all manufacturers because of corona . Not just supra all the cars . they were supposed to have them in June and July . Even if they arrive they will be kept at port until MY20 are sold

Searchneverend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camaro, Camry, Corolla, Accord, Z350, Alfa Romeo 4C

im still negotiating with the dealership. But yeah the 50k OTD is real. But in a few other posts I have people getting quotes for 49k so Iā€™m holding to see if I can get it cheaper. I also get work discount using Toyota H plan but for this deal I have not told them about H plan yet and not all dealers participate. And youā€™re right, search never ends lol . Maybe my idea of 46-47k is far fetched. But if I can negotiate it to be even 48-49k OTD Iā€™ll take it.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
im still negotiating with the dealership. But yeah the 50k OTD is real. But in a few other posts I have people getting quotes for 49k so Iā€™m holding to see if I can get it cheaper. I also get work discount using Toyota H plan but for this deal I have not told them about H plan yet and not all dealers participate. And youā€™re right, search never ends lol . Maybe my idea of 46-47k is far fetched. But if I can negotiate it to be even 48-49k OTD Iā€™ll take it.
I can see that for base maybe but definitively not a prem.

Kendogg

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Production has stopped for all manufacturers because of corona . Not just supra all the cars . they were supposed to have them in June and July . Even if they arrive they will be kept at port until MY20 are sold
Toyota and bmw will certainly not keep the 21ā€™s at port until the 20ā€™s are sold. Who is telling you this?

As it currently stands, the plants have closed for two weeks. It may be longer but so far, I believe itā€™s just the two weeks. So the 21ā€™s will be delayed a couple of weeks.

Production has stopped, but Supra sales were pretty low before corona. They didnā€™t even sell 300 in March. And the first two weeks of March was business as normal. I doubt they will sell 200 a month for these upcoming months. By your theory, you are saying Toyota will not release the 21ā€™s for about 7 months?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Toyota has already publicly stated the A91 will be at dealers in June. Not "as soon as leftover stock is sold"

enzoyama

First Name
enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lamborghini Huracan, Mclaren 720s, Porsche 911 Turbo, e46 M3
Toyota and bmw will certainly not keep the 21ā€™s at port until the 20ā€™s are sold. Who is telling you this?

As it currently stands, the plants have closed for two weeks. It may be longer but so far, I believe itā€™s just the two weeks. So the 21ā€™s will be delayed a couple of weeks.

Production has stopped, but Supra sales were pretty low before corona. They didnā€™t even sell 300 in March. And the first two weeks of March was business as normal. I doubt they will sell 200 a month for these upcoming months. By your theory, you are saying Toyota will not release the 21ā€™s for about 7 months?
it all depends on where you are. California and Ny usually get the cars first

Lizard 1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I find it funny how everyone says they are working on deals and yet they do not post any breakdown in the pricing. Cash deal? Financing? What are the dealer fees? What tax rate and title fees? When you say OTD, it is a total dollar figure at the very bottom of the breakdown on a price listing. We got ours at Toyota East in Cols., OH and worked with Nick. They had the best price in town and around within the driving distance we wanted.

The info about the 2021s is accurate. They have the few they are allocated, but do not even have VINs yet. There is a halt and there is no way for them to sell or presell due to the lack of VIN info. LEs are not even being talked about yet and no info. So, when the dealers on here are saying they don't know when, they are not telling lies. The virus has caused a ripple effect in the world and in production. Honda has seized production here in Ohio and that equates into a big delay in production and arrivals of cars vs plan. The announcements regarding June were posted by car mags as the released info was prior to COVID-19 and the impacts that would occur.

If you are getting a Supra at $49k OTD, I would challenge that. I suspect that $49k is a start price and then once adding taxes and fees, you'll be higher and is a more realistic value for a base or one with less features. Even $49k, I suspect that you are looking at a base or limited goodies that you may see or colorways.

We got a Premium in the Gray with carbon mirror covers. We were in what everyone seems to think is OTD pricing, but that was prior to tax, title and fees. If you are serious, I can get you Nick's number and they can even find one to dealer trade as they aren't flying off the shelf. No cars are... I believe that they still have two others and are the largest Toyota selling dealer in their region. So, if from Ohio, they are the go-to people. There is inventory in the state from other dealers, but dealers trade all the time. And with floor plans and this virus deal, they aren't holding on to anything...

Kendogg

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
I find it funny how everyone says they are working on deals and yet they do not post any breakdown in the pricing. Cash deal? Financing? What are the dealer fees? What tax rate and title fees? When you say OTD, it is a total dollar figure at the very bottom of the breakdown on a price listing. We got ours at Toyota East in Cols., OH and worked with Nick. They had the best price in town and around within the driving distance we wanted.

The info about the 2021s is accurate. They have the few they are allocated, but do not even have VINs yet. There is a halt and there is no way for them to sell or presell due to the lack of VIN info. LEs are not even being talked about yet and no info. So, when the dealers on here are saying they don't know when, they are not telling lies. The virus has caused a ripple effect in the world and in production. Honda has seized production here in Ohio and that equates into a big delay in production and arrivals of cars vs plan. The announcements regarding June were posted by car mags as the released info was prior to COVID-19 and the impacts that would occur.

If you are getting a Supra at $49k OTD, I would challenge that. I suspect that $49k is a start price and then once adding taxes and fees, you'll be higher and is a more realistic value for a base or one with less features. Even $49k, I suspect that you are looking at a base or limited goodies that you may see or colorways.

We got a Premium in the Gray with carbon mirror covers. We were in what everyone seems to think is OTD pricing, but that was prior to tax, title and fees. If you are serious, I can get you Nick's number and they can even find one to dealer trade as they aren't flying off the shelf. No cars are... I believe that they still have two others and are the largest Toyota selling dealer in their region. So, if from Ohio, they are the go-to people. There is inventory in the state from other dealers, but dealers trade all the time. And with floor plans and this virus deal, they aren't holding on to anything...
I don't know of really anyone who claimed a $49k OTD (including taxes) on a premium. Maybe Lawyer Wife did.

Best deal I've found has been $50.5k OTD (not including taxes, registration, local fees, etc). This is on a premium at $57k msrp. They have four of them and have had them for months. Their price is good no matter if I trade-in my car or not. Their price is good no matter if I use them for financing or not. Overall I agree with you though. There are a lot of details and angles you have to look at when considering the deal. And if someone claims a "deal of a lifetime," they usually never back it up with their buyers agreement.

Latest from Toyota, the plant will open May 4th. We'll have to see how this affects production. We do know that Toyota has already started production on the 2021's prior to the closure, because the youtubers have them. They are just being given an embargo and can't fully review or give pricing details for another month or so. Personally I feel the 2021's will still be released on schedule. But I think early production numbers will be a little low, because of the closed plant over these last few weeks.

I do not believe this closure will really affect anything though. Sure there will be less 2021's at first, but there is still plenty of 2020's left, and there will continue to be plenty for months to come. Sure production numbers will be a little lower for awhile, but demand has significantly dropped as well.

Toyota only managed to sell (in the U.S) 273 units in March. And half that month, business was as usual. Looking this past 14 days, Toyota has sold around 70 units. So they are now averaging around 150 units a month. With at least 1382 units available, Toyota currently has around 9 months worth of 2020 inventory on lots. Assuming the sales stay steady at 150 a month.

Last edited:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't know of really anyone who claimed a $49k OTD (including taxes) on a premium. Maybe Lawyer Wife did.

Best deal I've found has been $50.5k OTD (not including taxes, registration, local fees, etc). This is on a premium at $57k msrp. They have four of them and have had them for months. Their price is good no matter if I trade-in my car or not. Their price is good no matter if I use them for financing or not. Overall I agree with you though. There are a lot of details and angles you have to look at when considering the deal. And if someone claims a "deal of a lifetime," they usually never back it up with their buyers agreement.

Latest from Toyota, the plant will open May 4th. We'll have to see how this affects production. We do know that Toyota has already started production on the 2021's prior to the closure, because the youtubers have them. They are just being given an embargo and can't fully review or give pricing details for another month or so. Personally I feel the 2021's will still be released on schedule. But I think early production numbers will be a little low, because of the closed plant over these last few weeks.

I do not believe this closure will really affect anything though. Sure there will be less 2021's at first, but there is still plenty of 2020's left, and there will continue to be plenty for months to come. Sure production numbers will be a little lower for awhile, but demand has significantly dropped as well.

Toyota only managed to sell (in the U.S) 273 units in March. And half that month, business was as usual. Looking this past 14 days, Toyota has sold around 70 units. So they are now averaging around 150 units a month. With at least 1382 units available, Toyota currently has around 9 months worth of 2020 inventory on lots. Assuming the sales stay steady at 150 a month.
I hope you're right.

Lizard 1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium

Again, you are using OTD in the wrong way. You are saying the best you've seen is $50.5k OTD but then saying it excludes taxes, fees, etc. THAT IS NOT OTD!!!! Hence why so many people use it wrong and are not providing proper info. OTD means OUT THE DOOR. The dollar amount you need in total to drive the car home if paying cash or writing a check. Not a price and THEN adding fees and other charges on top.

Lizard 1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I hope you're right.

$50.5 OTD is a great deal. That puts the car around $46k before tax and fees.

UGGGGGHHH... And this is how it happens... Read his post. He mis-used OTD. You then are agreeing that $50.5k OTD is a great deal. Then, someone sees that and approaches their dealer saying they know $50.5k OTD is possible when it isn't. Holy cow...

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
UGGGGGHHH... And this is how it happens... Read his post. He mis-used OTD. You then are agreeing that $50.5k OTD is a great deal. Then, someone sees that and approaches their dealer saying they know $50.5k OTD is possible when it isn't. Holy cow...
Yup, you're right. I read included. Edited my post.
Sponsored