Looking for community feedback on our single exit exhaust CF bumper cover design

sojusoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 BB NSX, 2003 GPW S2000
Do you think it would look better if the CF in the diffuser flowed into some CF lower spats / side skirt extension / splitter, giving it a more intentional look? Or would a two tone diffuser just simply never look right to you?
I think cf taped on the oem diffuser would look tacky. Honestly, I would only consider buying ut if it were a compete replacement
Sponsored

OP
OP
irixyoctane

irixyoctane

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90
Ideally, I'd prefer something that looked OEM in the sense of matching up to the stock satin black finish. For example, the Verus Engineering rear diffuser looks similar enough to the stock finish that the car could look like it came that way to a casual observer. That said, I think a CF product similar to the grey 2JZ swapped A90 would look good. If it is at or generally around the price point you mention above, I would buy that.
I'll need to talk to my paint and body folks, but I bet we can offer it color matched to the rest of the diffuser as well as raw fiber.

OP
OP
irixyoctane

irixyoctane

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90
I think cf taped on the oem diffuser would look tacky. Honestly, I would only consider buying ut if it were a compete replacement
I'm hoping it won't look taped on with where the seam is going to be.

I lack the ability to make the diffuser completely from CF currently, but there are other options. One is taking a stock bumper, filling in either the left or right exhaust with a plug then do a wet-layup / CF skinning with vacuum. This is pretty much how all of the CF mirror caps I've seen are made. It would be more expensive since we are starting with a $400 part then adding materials and labor. Maybe do something like a core charge for your old bumper. Would that fall more in line with what you would purchase?

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I'm hoping it won't look taped on with where the seam is going to be.

I lack the ability to make the diffuser completely from CF currently, but there are other options. One is taking a stock bumper, filling in either the left or right exhaust with a plug then do a wet-layup / CF skinning with vacuum. This is pretty much how all of the CF mirror caps I've seen are made. It would be more expensive since we are starting with a $400 part then adding materials and labor. Maybe do something like a core charge for your old bumper. Would that fall more in line with what you would purchase?
Hey, did you end up pursuing this project? thx

OP
OP
irixyoctane

irixyoctane

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90
Yeah, I've made a little bit of progress but still a while from having a CF version. I closed off the second hole and shaved the fins. I need to clean up the plug then make a mold. I'll post some updates as they happen. Thanks.

PXL_20220911_194426953.jpg

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Following, Iā€™d like to see this happenā€¦
Sponsored