Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Friend of mine was looking at the Evora GT pretty hard. A lot of things to like about it, but ultimately he decided to order a Cayman GT4.
Between an Evora and a GT4, I'd pick the GT4 too, but the Emira just looks way better than the Evora IMO. Looks like a baby McLaren. Been watching the reviews at Goodwood festival of speed and it's just a fantastic car it seems.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not an argument. But if you can buy a Supra for 50k add some power and handling for 10k. You are faster and still 30k under the Evora. Then it is just a subjective: I like the looks and pedigree of the Evora better which is a valid choice for someone.

I really like the looks of the new Lotus. But for that money I’d probably choose a sorted Pcar or even c8. Someone bring one to my local track and change my mind!
What I meant was, if you bring modding into it, there's always a cheaper/better way to do things. You could buy an old FR-S, gut it, throw in an engine of your choice, and be lots faster and cheaper than a Supra. That debate is endless. You can really only compare stock vs stock.
A comparable Porsche will cost as much, if not more than the Lotus. I specced a Cayman GT4, and it came to $130k.
The C8 has the same flaw all other Corvettes do. It's driven by old farts and you see a million of them every day. Covid has slowed that down a little, but give it a year or two and they'll be everywhere. I like cars you don't see much. The Emira, I think, is a great car for the money. Not as expensive as a GT4, looks the part, will be rare and exclusive, and reliable. And, unlike the C8, can be had in a manual.

Jeonsa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
I rather have the evora or Porsche over the C8 anyday. Idk what’s the fascination on the c8’s
People just like to ride the hype train. It’s so drastic as far as design and layout for a Corvette that everyone “must have it.” Same thing on a smaller scale is happening with the 370z 1.5.

It’ll pass.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
The c8 is an amazing car. I track it often and owned one since summer of 2020. It’ll destroy any other corvette on the track, let alone the Supra. But they won’t be rare, there are already a bunch of them and will be many many more soon. I like cars that have some sort of rarity, even if the reasoning is bad..

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
The c8 is an amazing car. I track it often and owned one since summer of 2020. It’ll destroy any other corvette on the track, let alone the Supra. But they won’t be rare, there are already a bunch of them and will be many many more soon. I like cars that have some sort of rarity, even if the reasoning is bad..
yeah, but its ugly as hell. I wouldn't be caught in one. All my old neighbors have one........

DejaVu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
As much as I love my Supra, it just isn't the same as driving a Lotus. You have to own one or at least drive one for a significant period of time to "get it" Nothing else drives like a Lotus. Its cheesy and cliché but you really do become one with the vehicle. It doesn't matter that other cars are quicker or faster, if you love to drive they are something you need to experience.

I'm looking forward to when I can add a Lotus back into my little car family. Gotta get my back into shape so I can drive a stick regularly again, but then it'll be tough to decide between used Evora GT or a new Emira.

Jeonsa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
As much as I love my Supra, it just isn't the same as driving a Lotus. You have to own one or at least drive one for a significant period of time to "get it" Nothing else drives like a Lotus. Its cheesy and cliché but you really do become one with the vehicle. It doesn't matter that other cars are quicker or faster, if you love to drive they are something you need to experience.

I'm looking forward to when I can add a Lotus back into my little car family. Gotta get my back into shape so I can drive a stick regularly again, but then it'll be tough to decide between used Evora GT or a new Emira.
Well a Lotus is more visceral is probably what you mean. There’s less compromise as far as performance and feel goes. A lot of cars in the price range lean heavily towards the GT side in ways where the Lotus goes for that hardcore feel. SavageGeese described the Evora as a car that manufactures would make as the track version of their car.

This Emira though
. I’m just in love with the design. Can’t wait to see first drives.

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
I'm an old fart. Never had or wanted a Vette but do like the lines of the late 70's version. I've owned a Cayman and really liked that car. I had a MKIII Supra and am now enjoying my MKV Supra. The next time the car itch gets me, I'm going to take a longer look at Lotus.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Not really. That ass is terrible. They could've done much better.
i never been a Vette fan. I don’t care how fast it is. Lol And that’s right Mason, it’s an opinion.

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well, Virgin Galactic paid for my Supra, maybe when the market opens tomorrow they will pay for an Emira judging by today's successful flight. ?

Edit: well that aged well :rofl:
Sponsored

Last edited: