Lotus Emira

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
I'm leaning slightly toward the GT as well, which was my original plan before they announced the Emira. Figure a year or two of rehab and my back will good enough to go back to a manual transmission and by then GTs will be in the 70s-80s.

That back seat is super useful. Back in 2015, we took my 2010 Evora from Salt Lake City to Tuscon with my two kids in the back and still had room for all our luggage for a 4 day stay. I also took it on a few week long road trips with my father and the back seat was great for extra luggage. Here's a pic from one of those trips:

DSC_5747.JPG

I think if I went Emira it would replace the Supra, but Evora GT would be in addition to.
Wow, really? That's impressive getting all that luggage and people in there.
Sponsored

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Are you sure? The Lotus dealer that's 60 miles away from me has valet service. They will come retrieve your car and deliver it back when done. ;)

I am sure. I called.......
240 miles exceeds their desire! lol

that is closest

DejaVu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Wow, really? That's impressive getting all that luggage and people in there.
I should point out my kids were like 6 and 9 years old, so there was room for a duffle bag (kid separation/ violence suppression device) between them in addition to bags in the trunk. My son is 6' now and would not enjoy a trip in the back.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I should point out my kids were like 6 and 9 years old, so there was room for a duffle bag (kid separation/ violence suppression device) between them in addition to bags in the trunk. My son is 6' now and would not enjoy a trip in the back.
well, yeah I kinda figured they were small kids. :p

I am sure. I called.......
240 miles exceeds their desire! lol

that is closest
well, you tried, ha!

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
I actually want to trade the Supra so badly for one of these Emiras, but gosh the Supras tunability and potential is just so good.
It can easily serve as fun car,date night car, GT road tripper.
Plus I know if I traded and saw another supra I'm gettin smoked even if they're only running a jb4. I have a lot of twisty back roads as soon as I leave the driveway and the Emira would just be better I believe in the cornering dept.
Idk
Supra or Emira
So far my friends are saying keep the Supra but this Emira looks absolutely dope. Sounds great and has good power.
Mid engine, a freaking supercharged Toyota engine, no fake vents. Etc etc
Can't have both no stable room.
Life's hard man

Last edited:

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I actually want to trade the Supra so badly for one of these Emiras, but gosh the Supras tunability and potential is just so good.
It can easily serve as fun car,date night car, GT road tripper.
Plus I know if I traded and saw another supra I'm gettin smoked even if they're only running a jb4. I have a lot of twisty back roads as soon as I leave the driveway and the Emira would just be better I believe in the cornering dept.
Idk
Supra or Emira
So for my friends are saying keep the Supra but this Emira looks absolutely dope. Sounds great and has good power.
Yeah, I hear you. I've come to the same conclusion as you though regarding the Supra. It does check a lot of the boxes at a price point that's decent. I've determined it makes more sense to keep the Supra and buy a truck and camper with the money and enjoy some time with the family in the woods.

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra

Escapist

First Name