Lotus Emira

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
As much as I love my Supra, it just isn't the same as driving a Lotus. You have to own one or at least drive one for a significant period of time to "get it" Nothing else drives like a Lotus. Its cheesy and cliché but you really do become one with the vehicle. It doesn't matter that other cars are quicker or faster, if you love to drive they are something you need to experience.

I'm looking forward to when I can add a Lotus back into my little car family. Gotta get my back into shape so I can drive a stick regularly again, but then it'll be tough to decide between used Evora GT or a new Emira.
Thinking I like the Evora better , honestly it’s got the “back seat” which makes it more useful. Plus the performance is still there. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Ugh this car is so hot right now

DejaVu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Thinking I like the Evora better , honestly it’s got the “back seat” which makes it more useful. Plus the performance is still there. :thumbsup:
I'm leaning slightly toward the GT as well, which was my original plan before they announced the Emira. Figure a year or two of rehab and my back will good enough to go back to a manual transmission and by then GTs will be in the 70s-80s.

That back seat is super useful. Back in 2015, we took my 2010 Evora from Salt Lake City to Tuscon with my two kids in the back and still had room for all our luggage for a 4 day stay. I also took it on a few week long road trips with my father and the back seat was great for extra luggage. Here's a pic from one of those trips:

DSC_5747.JPG

I think if I went Emira it would replace the Supra, but Evora GT would be in addition to.

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Just had the Goodwood weekend here in the UK where the car was on show, Most of the guys here were actually involved with the development of the car and had some really interesting conversations with them, a really nice bunch! Apparently up to Saturday when I was there they took 800 deposits alone just at the event! And as you can guess most slots for next year are most likely gone but this might just be for the UK. Anyway a real beauty of a car especially at that price point. Fun fact that they actually looked at the Supra in the development stages to see how they could compete with it.

Enjoy some pics I took

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Just had the Goodwood weekend here in the UK where the car was on show, Most of the guys here were actually involved with the development of the car and had some really interesting conversations with them, a really nice bunch! Apparently up to Saturday when I was there they took 800 deposits alone just at the event! And as you can guess most slots for next year are most likely gone but this might just be for the UK. Anyway a real beauty of a car especially at that price point. Fun fact that they actually looked at the Supra in the development stages to see how they could compete with it.

Enjoy some pics I took

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg
Gorgeous car. I'm not a fan of the blue on the Emira though. Maybe it's because the new GT3 was launched in the same color. I think the dark gray model that was at Goodwood looked much better.
I hope they'll expand the color options once the "first edition" is done. I really want a Krypton Green version. I read somewhere they can produce 4800 cars a year in a single shift format, with the option to add shifts if necessary. But I'm glad that Lotus managed to get that many deposits already.

Reactions: Dan

veloist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 MR2 NA, '20 BRZ tS, '20 Supra LE
I placed a deposit for one and I’m 10th in line. Official pricing is supposed to be released September 7th. And then those with a deposit will be able to drive a demo car in November. And then builds/orders open in December. Once an order is placed deposit is no longer refundable.

I’m stoked for this car…on paper it’s everything I want in a car…manual, sharp steering feel Lotus is known for, great looks, exclusive and rare, etc. The only thing that will change my mind is if for some reason the drive doesn’t live up to my expectations, or if the MSRP is too high for my desired build, or if there is a surprise Mark-Up of course.
Either way, can’t wait. If my build doesn’t go through I can wait for the next year or year after. I’m pretty decided already that Ill get one, the real question is when :)

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I’ve been reading the same bs argument since I’ve gotten into cars - but but but I can take my 2k pos civic strap a space x rocket engine in it and smoke your Bugatti and still have left over money for a wawa sandwich. Please stoooooop :rofl:

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
That is one stunning looking car! Gotta love that Toyota 2GR-FE engine noise!

If I had the funds, i'd totally buy it! I think this is one of those cars that'll be worth more in the not to distant future as well seeing that it's Lotus's last gas powered vehicles (well from what i've been reading anyway).

veloist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 MR2 NA, '20 BRZ tS, '20 Supra LE

Enjoy some pics I took

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg
Just now realizing you saw the car in person and I’m jealous! What did you think about the size and most notably, that Seneca blue paint ?

Reactions: Dan

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Just now realizing you saw the car in person and I’m jealous! What did you think about the size and most notably, that Seneca blue paint ?
Haha very lucky to get close up and was quite a long que to get in to the stand too!
In terms of size I would say its spot on! It looks like a supercar size in the pictures however in reality its pretty much the same size as a sports car. Cabin looked pretty spacious and the width looks to be similar to our Supra's to be honest. I saw Shmee150's video with Jenson Button and they mentioned about the size being really good. When getting up close to the supercars you really don't realise how big they are in reality compared to pictures!

The Blue was fantastic under the show lights, had a really nice sparkle and probably a bit similar to the A91 edition paint. I really liked it but also image the other colours above will look really nice too!

Sorry I didn't really take many of the grey one, wasn't to keen on the wheels myself with this colour.

IMG_0913.jpg

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I think the hardest choice would be color, they all looks so great! British racing green, Seneca blue, orange, red, and even white

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Hate you guys!!!!

spent wayyyyy too much time looking at these today.

friggen closet dealer is 2 states away- ugh!

i dont think that will work

Are you sure? The Lotus dealer that's 60 miles away from me has valet service. They will come retrieve your car and deliver it back when done. ;)
Sponsored