Manual or automatic?

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Having spent time on VIR, running the same course as C&D does for Lightning Lap...if you're not running the cars back to back with the same driver, that difference in lap times is well within the margin of error. VIR Grand is a HUGE track. The longer the track, the larger the variance due to weather alone. Then you factor in the changes in the surface over time. The longer time between repaves at VIR makes a MASSIVE difference between laptimes. Fresh pavement at VIR is a thing of beauty, and laptimes reflect it.

I'm not saying the M6 is not faster than the A8, but the data you're using as your basis is simply not enough to make that conclusion.
The lightning lap times surprised me too. Any chance that its due to the shorter final drive on the 6MT? Definitely took quite the hit in gas mileage compared to the auto but wouldn't be surprised if it helped in acceleration out of corners. Its definitely close enough not choose one or the other based on track times alone.
Sponsored

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I bought an auto because that was what was available at the time...and interest rate was super low (2.29%) and it was at MSRP. MT seems nice, I wouldn't mind it, but I'm not going to pull my pants down and get fucked by a dealer
Just take it like man bro 😂