Manual or automatic?

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
What are with these elitist posts. It's either mkiv vs mkv: which is a real supra, 2 vs 6 port, AT vs MT. Is even necessary? Let people choose what they want. Both sides have pros and cons.
Likely comes from a deep-seeded need to achieve a level of acceptance from others to justify their own existence
 Others just don’t give a fuck.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I‘m such a car crack addict I love hearing everyone’s opinions about both! Some people are just a bit more
 energetic about the subject than others 😬

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
After I sold my last manual car about 3 years ago, I only had a DCT and I was fine driving that around in manual mode for a while. Eventually I started really missing actually shifting gears so I decided my next car had to have a manual.

There's also the fact that this is probably the last generation of sporty cars that will even offer a manual. BMW has already said the new M2 is going to be the last fully ICE M car that they make and I doubt they're going to be offering manuals when they go hybrid. Because of this, I would expect manual enthusiast cars to start holding value even more than they already do over automatics.

JST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 Subaru LGT, '21 CX-5 Sig, '22 Supra 3.0
This is my first auto sports car and I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. This ZF transmission is quite good.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I have a manual. I prefer the ZF8 and will be making the switch. đŸ€·â€â™‚ïž
You don't count as a real manual owner. That's right, I said it.

Just because you scored an A91 and are trying to rip someone off on your, ahem, overpriced USED car, doesn't make you a genuine owner in many of our eyes. You still have it don't you? Where are you trying to scalp it these days, Alibaba? Craigslist casual encounters, where people actually ask to get fucked?

EDIT: For those who don't remember this guy...

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/fo...-supra-a91-mt-cu-later-gray-nj-ny-area.14995/

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I’m pretty sure I said the same thing in the first thread about the m/t
I’m done shifting! When I was young I thought only bitches drove autos but now that I’m old as fuck I’d never drive another manual

Kamber

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 6MT
You don't count as a real manual owner. That's right, I said it.

Just because you scored an A91 and are trying to rip someone off on your, ahem, overpriced USED car, doesn't make you a genuine owner in many of our eyes. You still have it don't you? Where are you trying to scalp it these days, Alibaba? Craigslist casual encounters, where people actually ask to get fucked?

EDIT: For those who don't remember this guy...

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/fo...-supra-a91-mt-cu-later-gray-nj-ny-area.14995/
Lmao, you’re more than welcome to say whatever you like - I couldn’t give less of a fuck what “counts” for anything in your eyes.

Btw, incase you’re interested, I’d consider partial trades for pitchforks + cash 😘

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
Sorry @zrk apparently “fun” is only available in manual transmission form.

The rest of us auto bros will shed a single tear down our cheek, and as we beat our MT brethren by just a few tenths of a second in a drag race (and likely by seconds on a track), we will shout in agony to the car gods “Why lord did you make this ZF so freaking fantastic! It’s no fun!”

/s in case it wasn’t apparent.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Lmao, you’re more than welcome to say whatever you like - I couldn’t give less of a fuck what “counts” for anything in your eyes.

Btw, incase you’re interested, I’d consider partial trades for pitchforks + cash 😘
Did you ever sell your A91manual yet?

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I finally drove a MT Supra. This car is better with the AT. If you are only going to own one car, and are like me, buy the manual. But, if you have a way to own a better car with a manual transmission and a Supra with the automatic, I highly recommend doing so.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I finally drove a MT Supra. This car is better with the AT. If you are only going to own one car, and are like me, buy the manual. But, if you have a way to own a better car with a manual transmission and a Supra with the automatic, I highly recommend doing so.
Drove my manual MX5 to work yesterday and hot dammmmmnnnnnn
. That mofo is sooooooo much fun rowing through the gears, heel & toe, on weekend roads, flying around corners
. Couldn’t agree more @kaj . And even more reason to love my ZF trans Supra. I do have the best of both worlds. Which plays into my mindset. Great point ☝
Sponsored