Coming from a Manual Track Car, Left Foot Braking Question

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
My previous track car was a Porsche 944, with a Porsche 911 used for occasional HPDE days. Both of these cars are manuals, my question for the group is with a high performance automatic like the Supra, are people left foot braking? Or traditional right foot braking? I'm teaching myself left foot braking as it seems much faster and more proper for a sports car. Thoughts?
Sponsored

garudathree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991gt3rs
unless you're running a harness it's a pain to left foot brake while keeping yourself in the seat, when pulling any decent lateral g. had to train myself out of doing it.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
unless you're running a harness it's a pain to left foot brake while keeping yourself in the seat, when pulling any decent lateral g. had to train myself out of doing it.
That’s what I was thinking, my 944 had a seat and a harness.

Gcole

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Premium
I would left foot brake in my Miata at Summit Main turn 3 and turn 10, i thought about it Saturday when driving the Supra at a NASA event (free day from Toyota). I was exerting a lot of effort to keep from sliding around in the seat and didn't have time to think about it.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I would left foot brake in my Miata at Summit Main turn 3 and turn 10, i thought about it Saturday when driving the Supra at a NASA event (free day from Toyota). I was exerting a lot of effort to keep from sliding around in the seat and didn't have time to think about it.
If I may ask, how was this free track day? Doing this on July 4th at NCM and will be the first time on track with this car. I have experience with other vehicles on the track, but it has been a while. Seems like it will be a good refresher at the very least.
Sponsored