Manual Tuning Options

Viper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Viper, TRX, M4
I can't say for sure with high flow catted DP, but I know @RyanA90 runs that combo and it works.

Definitely would be a bit of a gamble imo. Wouldn't be nearly as bad as catless.

Honestly with Jb4s going for like $400 on here, the extra $150 is worth it for the sake of being able to datalog and make sure everything looks good. you can configure JB4 to behave exactly like a JB+ anyway (and tune for the DP).

and of course remove and resell if you aren't happy with it.

I do really recommend JB+ though for the people more shy to mods lol.
Thank you
Sponsored

Richard Truman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra Preamum
Hey All, I am picking up my Supra within a month or so and it happens to be a manual transmission. With it also being a 24' model I am aware the ECU will be locked and I am limited on tuning options without spending a pretty penny. (To my knowledge)

Ive heard mixed reviews about the JB4 software and am pretty confused on what I should do in order to make good power while maintaining some reliability and not having to do anything with my clutch until I replace it down the road when I need too. At that point id probably invest in an aftermarket one.

Ive been putting off buying anything in regards to the tunes so I've purchased "Bolt-Ons" For the time being
-> Armaspeeds Forged carbon fiber air intake, Vr performance Titanium charge pipe, Made Motersports Single exit exhaust, Active Autowerke Catted downpipe, and H & R lowering springs plus a couple other cosmetic goodies...

I don't have many options for fuel blends in my area so just planned on staying with 93 octane

Any recommendations on what I should do about tuning with the basic bolt ons and 93 octane? Also would I Be safe installing these bolt ons before my tune or should I just wait to do it all at once?
I Think you should drive it in stock form first .
Take the car to its limits then deside what ya want to do .
Dont put the cart before the horse .
Unless you are or have experence Racing

djmad

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ Supra MT, 07’ 328i MT, 20’ Civic AT
Any recommendations on what I should do about tuning with the basic bolt ons and 93 octane? Also would I Be safe installing these bolt ons before my tune or should I just wait to do it all at once?
As far as options I'd say most people w/ a manual trans either go with a JB4, BM3, or MHD. There is JB+ and MG Flasher, but you don't see many people using those. I'm a bit bias and would recommend MHD since they currently have more capability w/ the Motiv Reflex integration than BM3.

Whatever you decide enjoy the process. It's a fun car and I'd say most of us slap on bolt-ons before a tune so you should be ok.

+1

Definitely recommend MHD, I believe mhd+ is out for us now. This way ull have the option for e40 in the future. My bolt ons without catless dp no tune was 402/408 to wheels fyi. Cheers
+1
Sponsored