Maxton Design V2 front lip...different design?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
After being backordered for several weeks, the Maxton Design V2 front lip is finally back!

However, after receiving mine this week, I noticed the outer sections looking a bit different than the online photos. The flat parts towards the rear have been cutout (outlined in red) on both sides where the rear mounting hole would be. The inner red circles show where the mounting holes are, but the outer hole portion has been left out. I haven't yet test-fitted the lip yet, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues installing this new batch. :dunno:

rltgwxzcihtx4jkxbous copya.jpg
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Looks like a design improvement and/or material savings. There should still be enough surface area to hold it down with double sided tape.

-RJM

OP
OP
BA9092

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks like a design improvement and/or material savings. It should hold better now with double sided tape.

-RJM
Thanks, that's what I thought too. I'll have to line it up to see where I'd use the tape. I have some 3M 1/4" tape that should hold on the bottom sides - hopefully without being visible.

Value

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yes sir. I received side skirts and they made everything thicker and less flimsy

OP
OP
BA9092

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes sir. I received side skirts and they made everything thicker and less flimsy
Ah! Good to know. Thank you.

OP
OP
BA9092

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No problem! Here are the side skirt differences(Both V2s)

09704240-B305-42AC-A44D-4562168428A7.jpeg
Wow! Did they fit? Have you emailed them? Have you heard back?

Value

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Wow! Did they fit? Have you emailed them? Have you heard back?
I did email them because I swore they sent me the wrong part. They responded and said they believe the design changed - The shop doing the install looked at the part #s and they were identical. So i was very confused at first lol

They mount Differently then the old design and go really far under the car. They look identical to the old design once installed!

OP
OP
BA9092

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did email them because I swore they sent me the wrong part. They responded and said they believe the design changed - The shop doing the install looked at the part #s and they were identical. So i was very confused at first lol

They mount Differently then the old design and go really far under the car. They look identical to the old design once installed!
Good to know! Thank you again! I'll be test fitting mine this weekend in my garage. ?

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Looks like a design improvement and/or material savings. There should still be enough surface area to hold it down with double sided tape.

-RJM
Yeah, I got tape on mine and it holds.
Sponsored

Last edited: