Maxton V2 front lip received scratched -- twice

Han_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 2.0 Stratosphere Blue
Has anyone else been receiving their Maxton front lips in a damaged condition? The first lip I ordered came in scratched so I sent them an email and they sent a replacement. Lo and behold this second one has also come scratched in the front right out of the box. This is underneath the protective plastic in the front each time. I understand that it's a front lip so it'll get scratched anyways. But to receive it with a scratch in a visible section, twice at that matter, is very disappointing.
In both cases I have the video of me opening the package to show proof that it was received in this condition.
If anyone is aware of a Maxton v2 replica I can purchase I would highly appreciate it.

Edit 12/28/2023:
Maxton Designs did me right. Solid customer service on their end. I was able to receive a 3rd one with no scratches. 3rd time's the charm I guess huh? Arrived clean as it should. 3rd photo added of the lip installed.

PXL_20231210_064543200~3.jpg

PXL_20231203_181221463~2.jpg

supra_maxtonv2_lip.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

dn00

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI, A90
There's a carbon fiber replica on eBay for $400

Looks like they jacked up the price to 600. No longer worth it imo

vitamink

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I got one recently and it was flawless. Maybe you've had some bad luck with FedEx/UPS being rough with it?

OP
OP

Han_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 2.0 Stratosphere Blue
I got one recently and it was flawless. Maybe you've had some bad luck with FedEx/UPS being rough with it?
Both times the box had no damage. It had to have been done after production and before being fully boxed.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
As a general comment from someone that buys a ton of stuff for motorcycles from overseas suppliers I have experienced a few businesses that sell the "second grade" stock to foreign buyers. No doubt hoping the that the return process is so onerous that the buyer won't bother with the return and refund process. Not saying thats the case here but something to be aware of. I bought a pre preg carbon fibre spoiler lip for my car from Mountune which had the inner surface painted matt black over the carbon and when I fitted it to the car in accordance with the mountune instructions with the body adhesive they specified it started lifting in short order. I was able to remove it without damage and the issue was not the adhesive letting go but the paint they had applied detaching from the carbon. I cleaned the paint off and re bonded it no problem and let them know it was an issue and supplied images etc and they replied that NONE of their carbon parts were painted internally! Apparently I faked the issue made them aware, asked for nothing at all and images were dismissed out of hand. We are Mountune and never get it wrong was the attitude it seemed. 99% of my foreign purchases are fine but every now and again you get a second rate quality component that would have a local buyer pissed off and taking the component back in person and saying "what the hell". In your case once could be forgiven as just an isolated mistake but twice is a bad look.

Phil
Sponsored

Last edited: