OP

dumasupra

First Name
duma
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I might just stay stock if this is this case. Apparently the motor isn’t the only thing at risk of blowing up.
DM me if you want a better performance shop.
Sponsored

cbring

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91 Cu Later
These screenshots are missing some information so this situation isn't exactly as it seems.

We've been in constant contact over the past couple of days trying to troubleshoot something we assumed was a simple no start due to common improper ECU connection. He was simultaneously messaging John and myself separately, so I requested it go to email so we can both be included in responses and aren't relaying information to each other.

As of right now, I've requested some information him this morning and have yet to hear back. I told him id handle this promptly as soon as I get everything I needed.
lmao definitely aint doing business here sounds like a rip off.. looking forward to seeing OPs issue resolved

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
lmao definitely aint doing business here sounds like a rip off.. looking forward to seeing OPs issue resolved
Any process which involves doing things expressly forbidden (or at least deliberately discouraged) by the manufacturer, will entail a certain amount of financial risk. Expecting a 3rd party will assume all of that risk is unrealistic, even at the prices we're talking about here.

The biggest question I have is who originally sourced that ECU? If it was the customer, then Visconti should have refused it outright - but there's some responsibility on both sides. On the other hand, if it was sourced by Visconti in the first place - then it's 100% on them.

Any pcb that went through enough trauma to damage the case that much probably wouldn't last too long even without shorting against the lid - even ones designed to survive in an automotive environment.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Any process which involves doing things expressly forbidden (or at least deliberately discouraged) by the manufacturer, will entail a certain amount of financial risk. Expecting a 3rd party will assume all of that risk is unrealistic, even at the prices we're talking about here.

The biggest question I have is who originally sourced that ECU? If it was the customer, then Visconti should have refused it outright - but there's some responsibility on both sides. On the other hand, if it was sourced by Visconti in the first place - then it's 100% on them.

Any pcb that went through enough trauma to damage the case that much probably wouldn't last too long even without shorting against the lid - even ones designed to survive in an automotive environment.
It's pretty obvious from Marshall's language "since you opened it" that Visconti sourced it. OP was surprised when he opened the package.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
What say you, @Marshall@ViscontiTuning ? How will you answer for these crimes??
Going by their playbook on this forum I'm guessing one or more of the following:

1 - You don't know the whole story (despite photographic evidence including conversations indicating what has been happening)
2 - We tried to resolve the problem but the customer stopped responding (even though the customer has been responsive here and went to the trouble of making this thread)
3 - Blame the customer, call everyone who disagrees stupid, and continue to refuse to make things right

1664627374805.gif

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Going by their playbook on this forum I'm guessing one or more of the following:

1 - You don't know the whole story (despite photographic evidence including conversations indicating what has been happening)
2 - We tried to resolve the problem but the customer stopped responding (even though the customer has been responsive here and went to the trouble of making this thread)
3 - Blame the customer, call everyone who disagrees stupid, and continue to refuse to make things right
You forgot the condescending “and who are you??” to anyone that challenges them.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
It's pretty obvious from Marshall's language "since you opened it" that Visconti sourced it. OP was surprised when he opened the package.
While your logic is impeccable... I'd honestly expect that regardless - since it's basically saying "Did you do something? Anything? OK then, that is why it's your fault, not ours." :rolleyes:

If they sourced the ECU then it's a clear case of selling an already defective product.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
:popcorn:

cbring

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91 Cu Later
While your logic is impeccable... I'd honestly expect that regardless - since it's basically saying "Did you do something? Anything? OK then, that is why it's your fault, not ours." :rolleyes:

If they sourced the ECU then it's a clear case of selling an already defective product.

“im going to stop replying now”
…. Greaaaaaat customer service
Sponsored