2021Supra

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2021 Lexus RC300, 2007 Tundra, 1975 Ch
Got your attention, didn't I? :)

Few questions: Which meth injection systems are you using? You mixing your own or buying OTC, like Boost Juice or using windshield washer fluid?

What PSI does your start and end with when spraying? Which jet are you using?

Any issues using it?

I have the AEM meth injection system with the P2 Tuned bracket and have had ZERO issues with mine. The only annoying thing that happens is when the car is touched or a door is open, etc., the AEM pump turns on and you can hear it for several minutes. I mounted my display LED in the driver side vent assembly, next to the open/close tab for air movement. I can see it all the time and I don't have to take my eyes off the road. This kit has been on my car for about 2-1/2 years now with zero issues. We all know this spray is dependent on tuner preference and IAT in in the intake or charge pipe. Mine is set to start spraying at 9psi and full spray at 15psi, utilizing the middle nozzle.

Curious to see what your system is doing and if anyone has had any issues with it.
Sponsored

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
Curious how often you/others find themselves needing to refill the tank? As I deal with 91 octane I do expect I'll install a water/meth kit at some point though primarily to keep IATs down/protection versus tuning for more power.

On a previous car years ago I used winshield washer fluid and never had any issues but expect nowadays I'd just order boost juice or similar.

Tsuki8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 AZ BM3 E50 WMI
Hey, we PM'ed each other on WMI while back.
I'm using the Titan Snow Performance kit.
I also wired in a simple rocker switch for the WMI, to easily disable:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B62FGR9L/
It powers up but doesnt run/spray until the minimum set pressure.
I usually leave it off, only turn it on for pulls.

I used a fuse tap on this fuse (See yt link, skips to it)
I havent looked up what it is, but the power behavior is the same as the interior lights.

To answer the questions:
Boost Juice, bc I'm lazy
Its set 5psi start - 15psi max.
Using small nozzle provided - Snow #4 (225ml/min)

I have had no issues with mine.
There is like a 1-2sec delay/latency in reading boost pressure in the VC-30 controller.
Not tuned for it yet, "cooling only" šŸ¤”

Last edited:
OP
OP
2021Supra

2021Supra

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Curious how often you/others find themselves needing to refill the tank? As I deal with 91 octane I do expect I'll install a water/meth kit at some point though primarily to keep IATs down/protection versus tuning for more power.

On a previous car years ago I used winshield washer fluid and never had any issues but expect nowadays I'd just order boost juice or similar.
I fill mine up about once a month or longer. Of course it all depends on how you and the tuner set it up. More often than others. I think 9psi is a good start with any octane but again it all depends on how the tuner wants it setup and your AITā€™s.
I have watched countless videos on making my own meth mix, but somewhat skeptical. Spent too much money to have it mixed wrong to be honest. I rather spend the extra funds and just buy Boost Juice. Four gallons shipped for around $50. Last case lasted well over a year or so.
Keep in mind, if you track the car, I donā€™t think most of them will allow the use of it, due to the flammability and extra hazard it might cause you and other drivers on the course. I would verify this information.
If it goes empty or quite spraying, the car should go into limp mode, cut power and boost. All in the tuning software.

OP
OP
2021Supra

2021Supra

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey, we PM'ed each other on WMI while back.
I'm using the Titan Snow Performance kit.
I also wired in a simple rocker switch for the WMI, to easily disable:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B62FGR9L/
It powers up but doesnt run/spray until the minimum set pressure.
I usually leave it off, only turn it on for pulls.

I used a fuse tap on this fuse (See yt link, skips to it)
I havent looked up what it is, but the power behavior is the same as the interior lights.

To answer the questions:
Boost Juice, bc I'm lazy
Its set 5psi start - 15psi max.
Using small nozzle provided - Snow #4 (225ml/min)

I have had no issues with mine.
There is like a 1-2sec delay/latency in reading boost pressure in the VC-30 controller.
Not tuned for it yet, "cooling only" šŸ¤”
This might be something I need to change up in the future. The pump coming on each time the car sees any type of power, itā€™s getting annoying. I think I remember talking to you! Didnā€™t you recommend leaving the plastic drain in place near the windshield and install an inline filter before the charge pipe?
Thanks for answering the questions. I use mine only for cooling also. It gets hot here in Alabama.

Last edited:

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Snow performance, 2 gph and 6 gph in charge pipe, 6psi-24psi, mostly ethanol with some methanol, no water. This setup is for supplying more octane to reduce timing corrections on 92 pump gas 27 psi tune.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2021Supra

2021Supra

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
May I ask what turbo you have and who the tuner is? Good information.
I just wonder why more people arenā€™t using meth injection? Additional costs? Too much trouble? Not worth the additional cooling for IATā€™s as compared to the risk of the system failing? We all know what could happen potentially if it fails.

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
CTS turbo, Paul Johnson aka F80 Paul.

People don't like W/M systems because in the old days engine management systems were pretty basic. To get more power with W/M you add boost and maybe timing. If the W/M quit working you had more boost and maybe timing without the added octane and cooling, which led to sustained knock.

These days closed loop individual cylinder knock control is on every turbo BMW and it works really well. It is likely your OEM, stage 1, or stage 2 tune has timing corrections related to lack of octane. This is the oem strategy applying timing tables and listening for the beginning of knock on each cylinder and retarding timing on the next combustion event. You can see this in your datalogs. A tuner can provide you a W/M tune that pushes boost/timing for pump gas but with W/M reasonable timing corrections occur. If the W/M does not work, larger timing corrections are made, to keep the engine from running high timing and continuing to knock.

OP
OP
2021Supra

2021Supra

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I couldnā€™t agree with more. These days our cars and technologies have come so far. They learn by so many factors. Air, fuel, timing, boost, etc. Itā€™s amazing how the computer can see it and automatically adjust, just like seeing less ethanol context and adjust timing on the fly. I have a lot of respect for some tuners to be given the ability to review these data logs, make small adjustments and increase power performance. I have been reading a lot on tuning cars but I believe itā€™s something that I need more hands on and be given the ability to not have the fear of blowing something up because I messed with the wrong settings.
I was somewhat skeptical of even running meth injection, but after so many readings and articles from many sources, it seems it was the right choice for me. I didnā€™t see how it could hurt the car or motor, if our car has a basic fail proof system for the most part in them, due to programming. I did see it as an additional long term costs. Why I was asking if anyone has made their own mixture and what has been the results from it.
Sponsored