MHD Tune - Any reviews?

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. I know nothing about this, except for a quick read online. Is a tune like this solely for those who track their cars? Would a daily driver benefit from this? Thanks
Yes, daily drivers benefit from this. It makes my drives everywhere more interesting cause now the car wants to kill me even more, the more i put my foot down. Lol. 1-4th gear is virtually useless with how violent the car spins lol
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Yes, daily drivers benefit from this. It makes my drives everywhere more interesting cause now the car wants to kill me even more, the more i put my foot down. Lol. 1-4th gear is virtually useless with how violent the car spins lol
Get some tires. ;)

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Get some tires. ;)
Yup, waiting to kill that last of the PSS's in the rear and waiting til' whenever Michelin decides to quit playin around and send me the tires i ordered last month. ? gonna wrap the back in Pilot Sport Cup 2 R's lol

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Just out of curiosity, can I get any of you guys with MHD to do me a big favor and open your MHD F+G App, got to Flash an OTS Map, and see if you still have access to the E30 map. For some reason my F+G App no longer has access to the E30 tune and shows an E50 OTS map instead. I have the B58 Super License on app v3.43. Another thing to note, is that in the top header for the app when in the "Flash an OTS Map" screen, my app reads "MHD OTS - B58tu1 -01 Maps, it looks like this:
Screenshot_20210918-140447.jpg

I contacted the shop that did the bench unlock and installed my OTS map originally and the tuner showed me his App screen and his looks like this:
IMG_20210918_144255_676.jpg

When you compare the two pictures you notice the top header is different. Mine shows "O1" maps and his shows "M1" maps. I'm really confused and now a bit worried because his maps also show V1.6 and mine still show V1.5. I don't know when things changed or what's going on.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So from my understanding B58m1 is the "headifold" b58... aka 2 port. B58o1 is a tradition manifold aka 6 port. I think they also vary depending if it's gen 1 b58 vs gen 2 b58. The difference is mainly in the fuel pumps and that the Supra's B58 has different internals compared to the other vehicles using the B58... at least according to what i've read so far..

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So from my understanding B58m1 is the "headifold" b58... aka 2 port. B58o1 is a tradition manifold aka 6 port. I think they also vary depending if it's gen 1 b58 vs gen 2 b58. The difference is mainly in the fuel pumps and that the Supra's B58 has different internals compared to the other vehicles using the B58... at least according to what i've read so far..
So if I'm reading this correctly then perhaps the reason mine says O1 is because MHD knows it's a 2021 and the 6 port design, and if so that's nice, but why is there not an E30 option like there is for the M1? Now I'm wondering if every 2021 owner who's using MHD also has the O1 maps avaliable in their MHD.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So if I'm reading this correctly then perhaps the reason mine says O1 is because MHD knows it's a 2021 and the 6 port design, and if so that's nice, but why is there not an E30 option like there is for the M1? Now I'm wondering if every 2021 owner who's using MHD also has the O1 maps avaliable in their MHD.
Because theres more R&D time into the O1 maps since you're sharing the same motor platform with the Z4 which has been out longer than the Supra AND also has the B58O1 featured in other model BMW's. The 2020 2 ports was reworked because my guess is it's the first "hybrid" between gen 1 and 2. Gen 1 with the 2 port head, but gen 2 cause it comes with the upgraded fuel pump and injectors. Again, i'm not saying i'm correct, it's just my theory... someone with better knowledge on the situation correct me please lol.

edit: also, the tune variants might also accomodate the difference in internals too since supposedly the Supra has different internals compared to it's cousins with the B58..

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Because theres more R&D time into the O1 maps since you're sharing the same motor platform with the Z4 which has been out longer than the Supra AND also has the B58O1 featured in other model BMW's. The 2020 2 ports was reworked because my guess is it's the first "hybrid" between gen 1 and 2. Gen 1 with the 2 port head, but gen 2 cause it comes with the upgraded fuel pump and injectors. Again, i'm not saying i'm correct, it's just my theory... someone with better knowledge on the situation correct me please lol.

edit: also, the tune variants might also accomodate the difference in internals too since supposedly the Supra has different internals compared to it's cousins with the B58..
I mean logically this makes since and I hope this is correct. That would mean I can skip E30 and go straight to E50 and have no worries.
Sponsored