Which layout would you prefer?

• Total voters

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick poll to see people's preference of navigation so that we can make the Mods DB more appealing or easier to use...
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/mods-db.2961/

We haven't really explained people how to use AirTable, sorry about that! I will do that once I release the latest big update. ~1500 parts.
Let me just say, it's very much like Excel where you can Filter and/or Sort by multiple fields. Please see below for few images..

Anyhow, question is simple.
Would you all prefer
1) New Layout: having a Single Table that extends to the right with many columns like Main Category, Type (or 2nd category) that you can filter, hide, sort, etc.?
2) Current Layout: where there are multiple Category Headers with fewer columns?

In both options, Columns can easily be rearranged by dragging...

"New | Combined Layout"
Advantage
(+) All information would be on one page, users can filter by any field like a supplier or type or price range and see everything in one.
Even for things like, "I want to see all available Carbon Fiber parts", not just for the main category they're under.
(+) User can hide columns that they don't care about or don't want to see.
Disadvantage
(-) It may take few more seconds to load.
(-) Users may need to hide some columns (not a must)

"Current | Separate Layout"
Advantage
(+) Entries are separated by Main Categories. Somewhat easier to find.
(+) User can hide columns that they don't care about or don't want to see.
Disadvantage
(-) With additional of more parts, some Category names may be changed accordingly.
(-) Users may overlook some parts, because they don't necessarily think the part they're looking for would be under said Category..
(~) Some categories have limited entries (like Intake or pipe), while others (like Exhaust) have many.

upload_2020-6-1_11-18-53.png

GROUP:
upload_2020-6-1_11-19-13.png

SORT
upload_2020-6-1_11-19-27.png

FILTER
upload_2020-6-1_11-43-25.png
Sponsored