Carscoops Poll - Mkv Supra Overrated, Lacks Soul, Ugly

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
They're choosing poorly then. There are much better options.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Some of us enjoy the wallet-draining bullshit to push a platform forward. These cars aren't in the 7s out of pure ass luck. Someone has to do the engineering, testing, breaking, and experimenting.

And.. for somethings, like the A90/B58 classes, there... are not better options.
Sponsored

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
In a world full of inversion and surrounded by backwards thinking morons I would say according to the poll I made the right choice buying the Supra 🤣...I couldn't be happier and the longer I own it the more pleased I am with my decision to purchase it. There is really nothing else out there right now that would be in a hurry to replace it with.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
99.8% of the time it would be the fastest on the road day-to-day scenarios.
Yeah and is the 2 tenths of a second difference on a manual going to change that?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Some of us enjoy the wallet-draining bullshit to push a platform forward. These cars aren't in the 7s out of pure ass luck. Someone has to do the engineering, testing, breaking, and experimenting.

And.. for somethings, like the A90/B58 classes, there... are not better options.
I said on the street but ok yeah sure for the <1% of people that are using these for actual competition the auto is going to be quicker.

Last edited:

oreobbq

First Name
oreo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91 Refraction Blue
carpoops is ugly, overrated, and lacks soul 🙃

It's a fun platform regardless of what badges are on the car.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
For real though, was this poll open exclusively to Mrs Gorf's elementary class and them alone? I guess we can just add Carscoops' name to the ever growing list of try-hard trash "AwwToe MootEEve Juurnolests" on the internet. Simply pathetic.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Yeah and is the 2 tenths of a second difference on a manual going to change that?

I said on the street but ok yeah sure for the <1% of people that are using these for actual competition the auto is going to be quicker.
You manual owners go from 0-100 real quick. I'm pretty sure @zrk is saying people pick the supra in general because it is quick and punches above its weight class regardless of manual or auto.

There aren't many better options for the price range and class. And drop a couple thousand and it does even better.

The supra stock regardless of transmission is faster than a majority of what's on the road.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
No one is buying a supra to be the fastest car on the streets. Who cares if the manual is 2 tenths slower 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile.
In real world, it is most likely much slower then that vs the AT. Especially looking at posts here with super novice MT driving questions.. there is no way those folks are only 'a tad' slower.. and I'm not talking just off the line.

But it's okay, you never bought the car to be fast.

Imaging a lighter more nimble Supra with an MT.. that would be what I'd want if getting a second one.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Seriously, why would Toyota put a manual in a model with such a low take rate? So glad some of you aren't running the world's largest automaker. :p

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I can completely understand how these cars would be polarizing. The looks are odd, it's a mixture of manufacturers inputs. I get it. Luckily for me, I like the car for what it is. I don't care what manufacturers badges on it. I don't care who makes the parts in it. I know the sum of of all of the Toyota and BMW influence made a great car for the racetrack, which is 100% all I care about.. I dig it. People can call it whatever they want I don't mind.

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
Funny when zagoto rebadged a low production racing coupe ugly they sell for 2-3x the original price . When Toyota does it and offers a discount the world is pissed.

Jokes aside if they changed nothing and called it the M coupe and got rid of Toyota badges, I would have paid 10k more. I love the original Toyota and have owned three of them (1 MK4 Supra and two sc300s) but people forget BMWs are better. A Toyota messaged classic BMW coupe sounded perfect to me. What I really wanted was an Lexus LC with a stick but It wasn’t to be.

People overlook this is most likely the last inline 6 RWD pure sports car. People also forget why Nissan sports cars drop in value so much (I have owned a 370z and a G35). They are fun but bolted together much like Versa.

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
A90 Supra looks so sexy,, especially when paired with a GT wing and track wheels

with just suspension + aero mods, it’s one of the fastest platforms out on track.

The issue i have is that the stock car is a bit soft for my taste (as to many others as well) and they should release a more focused version but not being stupidly marketed as a ‘limited’ edition variant (GRMN, Morizo…etc) that nobody can really get their hands on.
Sponsored