Carscoops Poll - Mkv Supra Overrated, Lacks Soul, Ugly

M4-NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G82 M4
Interesting take here, especially in the comments section.

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/02/t...-most-overrated-sports-cars-according-to-you/

"The most over-rated car according to all of you is a Toyota – and one co-developed with BMW at that. It received 26 upvotes and only 2 downvotes making it the most agreed-upon overrated sports car here. BeerThirty247 made the point quite clearly. ” Sorry Toyota but an icon should never be rebadged from a competitor,” they said. In our testing, the Supra was a lot of fun but that doesn’t exclude it from potentially being overrated. "

"THE SUPRA IS JUST BUTT UGLY."

"Releasing an "enthusiast car" without a manual was idiotic. They did address that though...."

"Regarding whether I think the Bupra is overrated or not, I'll just quote what Jeremy Clarkson said about it: It's not overwhelming, or underwhelming. It's just whelming"
Sponsored

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
What a terrible recipe for a sports car: a lighter, better looking, manual version of an already good car from one of the world's best sports car manufacturers. 😆

People can have whatever opinion they want on its looks, but I can assure you after only a couple weeks owning one, people break their necks as if its an exotic 2-3x the price. That and the B58/S58 IS the modern 2JZ, nothing else comes close on the market.

The people calling it overrated I'm sure would be happier if it ended up $200k like the NSX and didn't sell as long as Toyota built it.

.....releasing without a manual was pretty stupid though. Kept me from buying it till this year.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Wow, an entire 26 votes. Looks like the world has spoken folks, pack it up!

The actual headline should be about how much carscoops sucks at engaging with their "audience".

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Wow, an entire 26 votes. Looks like the world has spoken folks, pack it up!

The actual headline should be about how much carscoops sucks at engaging with their "audience".
Did they have the pole up for a total of 1 hour. How can an article be written on such a small sample size.

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
People can have whatever opinion they want on its looks, but I can assure you after only a couple weeks owning one, people break their necks as if its an exotic 2-3x the price. That and the B58/S58 IS the modern 2JZ, nothing else comes close on the market.
I've encountered the same. Since getting mine last month all I've personally witnessed are strangers giving me thumbs up and complimenting it. I have yet to hear one single complaint or insult against the car in person.

I take all the internet criticism about this car the same way I take internet criticism of anything these days. Everyone has an opinion, and the more edgelordy and cringy the better in some circles. Its like listening to your fat ugly cousin say he wouldn't bang a supermodel because her nose is weird. Sure, Ricky, you totally had a chance with her except for that nose...

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Did they have the pole up for a total of 1 hour. How can an article be written on such a small sample size.
Because the author is part of that sample size.

Edit: Started telling my wife about this and the first thing she said, before I could even finish my sentence, “Was this a poll on the Nissan forum?”

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
At thread of the day I own one and like her a lot so who cares. :dunno:

I still think they shouldve done the MT on the 2.0L. Why ruin a fast car with human intervention. My STI and Golf-R are faster on the streets (legal speeds) than a MT Supra..pretty stupid if you asked me. :crazy:

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I still think they shouldve done the MT on the 2.0L. Why ruin a fast car with human intervention. My STI and Golf-R are faster on the streets (legal speeds) than a MT Supra..pretty stupid if you asked me. :crazy:
Why add a MT to a trim that hardly anyone is buying lol

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
At thread of the day I own one and like her a lot so who cares. :dunno:

No one is buying a supra to be the fastest car on the streets. Who cares if the manual is 2 tenths slower 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile.

V8KillaMKV

First Name
Jas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra premium 3.0 2023
I bought my Supra cuz its my dream car, and I can make it just as fast as any exotic car that costs 200k to 500k+ lol, love my baby!! Vroom vroom Suckas, all that internet hating, and I get nothing but compliments in person on how "sexy your car is" to "sick ass car man" "that car is quick dude", lol "is that is that a supraaa"