Move to G87 M2?

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
I wouldn't compare the G87 M2 to the Supra any more than I'd compare the G87 M2 to the Z4 M40i. You have to remember these are much different platforms, especially in size and weight. Of course the M2 will weigh more than the Supra given the basic platform characteristics. To be honest, both the Supra/Z4 and "G" 2-series are heavy for their individual sizes, but that's the way cars have gone in recent years with all the advances in safety and other characteristics.

I think the previous generation F87 M2 Comp was the sweet spot in the entire M lineup in the last 10 years. It's certainly the only offering that came close to the feel of earlier "E" generation M3 models that are so revered. The new M3 and M4 are big, heavy, and fat, and the G87 M2 is really just a truncated version of that platform in most ways. I don't think the slight reduction in size will make much difference. That said, the modern M cars drive a lot livelier and faster than their weight suggests. BMW has done a pretty good job fighting physics, or giving the illusion of cheating physics. Still not the Supra or Z4 though.

I don't know what the next generation Supra will look like if there is one, but based on recent experience, the current Supra with a manual transmission is probably in the sweet spot, just like the F87 M2 Comp. Get them while you can.
Sponsored

Dr. Supra

First Name
Danyoll
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Nitro Yellow
This is my current debate. Sell the supra and get the m2. But it's the s58 vs b58 and weight. I like to ROLL. The supra can beat the m2. Bring the weight down to 3160lbs vs the 3800lbs of the m2, and push the supra to high 600s/700 and 600tq and the supra will get the m2.