my check engine lights up

iceman600

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
4runner Type R Supra MKV
I got 2020 3.0 stock and my CE lit up. I scanned it and this is what I got. Does anyone have the same code that can give me advice on what I'm dealing with here?

- DME active codes -
135A08 - Valvetronic servomotor position sensors, signal: Not plausible.
190302 - Diagnostic module for tank leaks (NVLD), fuel tank ventilation system, micro-leak greater than 0.5 mm detected.
21B055 - Upper radiator shutter: Internal communication fault.
21B056 - Lower radiator shutter: Internal communication fault.
CD990B - Message (request, rear axle speed, 69.3.4) missing, receiver DME, transmitter DSC.
CD990E - Message (front axle speed request, 69.3.4) missing, receiver DME, transmitter DSC.

- DME shadow (inactive) codes -
11B401 - High pressure fuel: Pressure too low at or after engine start.
11B501 - High pressure fuel: Pressure too low after engine start.
135501 - Valvetronic: Output stage overloaded (warning threshold value for overload protection exceeded).
1A400B - Electric fan, function: Switched off.
21A026 - Combustion engine: Abnormal ignition key or automatic engine start-stop function start detected.
24000B - EWS-DME interface Timeout.
Sponsored

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Check your gas cap first? That’s my first thought with the tank leak code. How many miles?

I think that 190302 code is the culprit

OP
OP
iceman600

iceman600

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
4runner Type R Supra MKV
Check your gas cap first? That’s my first thought with the tank leak code. How many miles?
I did check my gas cap... closed it tight and CE is still on. The car is 25k miles now

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I did check my gas cap... closed it tight and CE is still on. The car is 25k miles now
11B401 - High pressure fuel: Pressure too low at or after engine start.
11B501 - High pressure fuel: Pressure too low after engine start.
135501 - Valvetronic: Output stage overloaded (warning threshold value for overload protection exceeded).
1A400B - Electric fan, function: Switched off.
21A026 - Combustion engine: Abnormal ignition key or automatic engine start-stop function start detected.
24000B - EWS-DME interface Timeout.

I had all of the above error messages as well recently, and so much more. On top of all of the above, I was getting "Drivetrain malfunction, Chassis Stabilization Malfunction, and all kind of other Malfunction error messages popping up on the i-Drive system as well. I would highly suggest you to check your battery voltage AND your positive/negative terminal connections, including the post that's in the engine bay. My battery connection inside if the engine bay was so loose that it fell off in my hand when I put a wrench on it and it ended up being my fault. I installed an Ethanol Analyzer over a year prior and apparently didn't tighten that post back down well enough.

OP
OP
iceman600

iceman600

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
4runner Type R Supra MKV
How is your battery? Modern electronic can go a little crazy with a low battery state of charge or a failing battery or a loose battery connection.

Phil
How can i check the state of the battery? I dont think connection is loose coz it starts normally when press the ignition start

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
How can i check the state of the battery? I dont think connection is loose coz it starts normally when press the ignition start
This is what I use every 6 months on all my vehicles (3 cars and 5 bikes) Modern automotive systems aren't like the days of past where the battery gave you a lot of warning when it was getting close to end of life such as slow cranking etc. Now the ecu has a threshold voltage that it shuts the system down entirely if it fall below this figure, generally around 10.5 volts. However the system can initiate on opening/starting the car above the threshold but when the load hits and it drops below the system goes into a bit of a crisis situation and throws up all sorts of crazy faults. This is common on Fords and has happened to me on our DD. Fortunately I was aware of the issue and just simply replaced the battery and reset the BCM and all good. I have also heard from a toyota tech that the Supras tend to have battery issues mainly because they aren't driven as DD's. Because of this I now regularly check that the battery is still ok under load, a voltage check alone won't necessarily give a good indication of battery load capacity. This unit will.
Phil
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ANCEL-BA...nking-and-Charging-System-Test-Tool/540466227

OP
OP
iceman600

iceman600

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
4runner Type R Supra MKV
This is what I use every 6 months on all my vehicles (3 cars and 5 bikes) Modern automotive systems aren't like the days of past where the battery gave you a lot of warning when it was getting close to end of life such as slow cranking etc. Now the ecu has a threshold voltage that it shuts the system down entirely if it fall below this figure, generally around 10.5 volts. However the system can initiate on opening/starting the car above the threshold but when the load hits and it drops below the system goes into a bit of a crisis situation and throws up all sorts of crazy faults. This is common on Fords and has happened to me on our DD. Fortunately I was aware of the issue and just simply replaced the battery and reset the BCM and all good. I have also heard from a toyota tech that the Supras tend to have battery issues mainly because they aren't driven as DD's. Because of this I now regularly check that the battery is still ok under load, a voltage check alone won't necessarily give a good indication of battery load capacity. This unit will.
Phil
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ANCEL-BA...nking-and-Charging-System-Test-Tool/540466227
thank you for this... i will definitely get one

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
@iceman600 Did this get resolved? Which suggestion worked. I received 21B056/21B055 among others this morning after installing an AA Catted DP lastnight.

Last edited:

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
@zrk Should you clear the codes before disconnecting the battery for 10 mins?

another_red_supra

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra AT. FBO MHD stage 2.
I have this same code:
190302 - Diagnostic module for tank leaks (NVLD), fuel tank ventilation system, micro-leak greater than 0.5 mm detected.

This code only. Nothing else. I did change the purge/breather valve.
Still have this code.
Sometimes i have rough idle on cold start.

I might change the gas cap next. If it doesn't work, i'll change the NVLD sensor i guess.
Sponsored