Need shop for 2020 or 2024 Supra

Coltkz

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra
So I On the launch edition, 2020 supra I am considering purchasing the 2024 supra in the mikan color. So I guess I have two questions for y’all. First what do y’all think? Should I buy the 2024 supra or is the 2020 (stock) Supra worth keeping? Then my second and follow up question to that is, where is the best place to get work (mods) done on my Supra living in the DMV area? I’m just trying to make the ultimate streetcar for fun.
Sponsored

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Your 2020 has an easily tunable DME. Why do you want to trade to a 2024 if you’re looking to mod to build the “ultimate streetcar”? What about the 2024 is easier to buy than to “fix/upgrade” on your 2020?

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
I agree with hwAyaq, If you're gonna tune your car i wouldn't buy the 2024 Supra.
The 2020 ECU is tunable and don't have to jump through hoops to get the ECU unlocked.

If you just want the color and dont mind the wait to get your ecu unlocked then by all means go for the 2024. I personally would save the money that you would use to unlock the ECU and purchase a nice set of wheels.

You can always wrap your car too, if you like the color that bad.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Just keep the 2020. Have fun. Save some bucks. Only reason to switch is for the manual. All the other stuff can be modified to better than 2024 spec with aftermarket. Easy call!

mgomz992

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium (Auto)
If you're looking to build the car up 100% just stick with the 2020 unless you want to trade in for a shifter.

VolcanicAshGrey

First Name
Isu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2023
Use the extra money on mods. You will have a higher ROI than paying premium for a new car. Plus, you can get a nice wrap done as well for that price. Sometimes I wish I should have bought a used car and modded it than buy brand new.

DMV Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 Honda accord
Maybe look into Kinetic Autoworks in MD. I haven’t been there myself but once again start upgrading my car, that’s probably where I’m headed. I usually
Go to obsession motorsports in Rockville for body work

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Gonna get some hate for this one but... either ditch the 20 entirely or leave it sitting stock and mod your 24. I had a 20 modded, and now a 23. The 6 port is a considerably better base. It pulls much stronger up top, and if you are building for serious power the 2 port has a lot more limitations than the 6 port does for flow, and that isn't even beginning to address the major suspension/ diff/ tuning improvements they made over the years, especially the jump from 20-21 and 22-23. it is very noticeable, and I could never imagine going back to 2020. They are right that it is easier to tune the 20, but if you are in the position to consider owning both cars, I will go out on the limb and say you have the $1000-1500 USD it takes to unlock the ECU and actually flash tune with software like bM3 (ecutek requires a cloned ecu so the cost gets to about 3500-4500 depending how much you pay for a donor ecu) but I personally have no issues with Bm3 as there is tons of support now. If you ask anyone who has owned both years they will tell you the same. As much as I absolutely adored by 2020, and it was pretty darn quick FBO E, even driving my 23 when it was bone stock, I was able to see that it was just a much better platform overall. Drive both, and see if the differences are worth it to you, for me even if I was buying another automatic and didn't care about the wiggly stick, I would still go for a 6 port car 10 times out of 10. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Gonna get some hate for this one but... either ditch the 20 entirely or leave it sitting stock and mod your 24. I had a 20 modded, and now a 23. The 6 port is a considerably better base. It pulls much stronger up top, and if you are building for serious power the 2 port has a lot more limitations than the 6 port does for flow, and that isn't even beginning to address the major suspension/ diff/ tuning improvements they made over the years, especially the jump from 20-21 and 22-23. it is very noticeable, and I could never imagine going back to 2020. They are right that it is easier to tune the 20, but if you are in the position to consider owning both cars, I will go out on the limb and say you have the $1000-1500 USD it takes to unlock the ECU and actually flash tune with software like bM3 (ecutek requires a cloned ecu so the cost gets to about 3500-4500 depending how much you pay for a donor ecu) but I personally have no issues with Bm3 as there is tons of support now. If you ask anyone who has owned both years they will tell you the same. As much as I absolutely adored by 2020, and it was pretty darn quick FBO E, even driving my 23 when it was bone stock, I was able to see that it was just a much better platform overall. Drive both, and see if the differences are worth it to you, for me even if I was buying another automatic and didn't care about the wiggly stick, I would still go for a 6 port car 10 times out of 10. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
fuck2020-2020.gif
Sponsored