livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I recently bought a 2020 supra premium and have the done below upgrades:

1. Tinted windows all around (front 50%, rear 40% while sides at 20%)
2. Installed Injen intake & charge pipe (red)
3. OEM CF mirror caps
4. Paint protection & undercoating from the dealer

I need suggestions with the exhaust system; thinking about afe and then doing a catted dp with no cel (powerneedy, auto)

Can anyone suggest if I should upgrade the exhaust and then continue with the dp w/ tune? I live in the dmv area and canā€™t find any good tuners.
Sponsored

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra

3. OEM CF mirror caps

I need suggestions with the exhaust system; thinking about afe and then doing a catted dp with no cel (powerneedy, auto)

Can anyone suggest if I should upgrade the exhaust and then continue with the dp w/ tune? I live in the dmv area and canā€™t find any good tuners.
Downpipe alone will change the sound plenty.. Do it first and move on from there.

I also am not a fan of the single muffler AFE catback design and prefer dual or suitcase setups like HKS,Apexi, Akrapovic...etc

OP
OP
livewirezone

livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I believe I would need a tune after a catted downpipe? As far as I know, only AA and powerneedy are the only two catted dps with guaranteed no cel. Iā€™m still yet to receive a respond on the VRSF catted dp with no cel.

What type of tune would you recommend? I called a few places around the area and they donā€™t have tune capability for Supra. Do I need to do it on my own?

Maybe I will just wait on the exhaust system and get AWE track edition. I donā€™t want the exhaust to be loud and thatā€™s the reason I was looking into AFe.

Last edited:

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
We can get you an AA catted downpipe, no need for a tune or CEL.

AWE touring edition resonated will be perfect with the downpipe, we have them in stock. The AWE track is loud! lol

-Josh

OP
OP
livewirezone

livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Can you point me to the website where I can get the AA catted dp?

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
We can get it for you.

We can send an invoice to your email if you'd like to order one, feel free to message or text me.

-Josh

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Can you point me to the website where I can get the AA catted dp?
I can help. We are the largest Active Autowerke distributor, downpipe in stock with the lowest price guarantee :)

psimzia

First Name
Pritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV5 Supra 2020, 08 Mustang GT (Steeda Cold Air), Lexus ES350

3. OEM CF mirror caps

Hello
I am planning to install Injen Intake & Charge Pipe and wasn't sure how is it going to turn out, since you already Installed it how is the Performance(HP), Did it make difference in Sound ? how was the Install Process ? pls suggest me. Thank You.

OP
OP
livewirezone

livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Hello
I am planning to install Injen Intake & Charge Pipe and wasn't sure how is it going to turn out, since you already Installed it how is the Performance(HP), Did it make difference in Sound ? how was the Install Process ? pls suggest me. Thank You.
The intake sounds much better than stock plus I got a hydroshield to protect the intake from dust, highly recommended.

It took me an hour to install, the process was pretty straightforward, I followed a video on YouTube on how to install charge pipe and intake on a Supra.

I do have a picture that I can share in here.

743AAB50-347B-4358-9C5F-C73361342B89.jpeg

psimzia

First Name
Pritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The intake sounds much better than stock plus I got a hydroshield to protect the intake from dust, highly recommended.

It took me an hour to install, the process was pretty straightforward, I followed a video on YouTube on how to install charge pipe and intake on a Supra.

That looks awesome man. where did you get HydroShield from ? and pls can you also provide youtube Link how to install Charge pipe & Intake. Thanks a lot.

OP
OP
livewirezone

livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
That looks awesome man. where did you get HydroShield from ? and pls can you also provide youtube Link how to install Charge pipe & Intake. Thanks a lot.
I ordered it from eBay and the part is 1037BLK for the hydroshield. Follow ā€œBros Fourr Speedā€ on YouTube and look into A90 Supra Videos playlist. There is a video on charge pipe and intake install. Itā€™s a good resource to follow.

psimzia

First Name
Pritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ordered it from eBay and the part is 1037BLK for the hydroshield. Follow ā€œBros Fourr Speedā€ on YouTube and look into A90 Supra Videos playlist. There is a video on charge pipe and intake install. Itā€™s a good resource to follow.
Thank You.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase

This is the same setup I'm thinking of also getting. I just hate the blue Injen filters so I'm glad that you mentioned the hydroshield! I like the black color of it. Sorry to be a pain, but do you think you could post some more pictures without the weird camera filters? I'd really like to see the colors of the intake and piping naturally. And it would be awesome if you could also show some pics from other angles, especially if I were looking at it from the right side of the car. I'm curious how low the heat shield goes and how much gap there is between the heat shield and the air filter itself. I'd appreciate it if you could.

OP
OP
livewirezone

livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
This is the same setup I'm thinking of also getting. I just hate the blue Injen filters so I'm glad that you mentioned the hydroshield! I like the black color of it. Sorry to be a pain, but do you think you could post some more pictures without the weird camera filters? I'd really like to see the colors of the intake and piping naturally. And it would be awesome if you could also show some pics from other angles, especially if I were looking at it from the right side of the car. I'm curious how low the heat shield goes and how much gap there is between the heat shield and the air filter itself. I'd appreciate it if you could.
I will take more pictures this week and post it in here. I was using the prior pic on my Snapchat and that is why I had the filter on.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Yeah I'd really appreciate it because these guys have a pretty good sale on the Injen combo right now and I'm really thinking of getting it.

https://x-ph.com/injen-power-package-system-supra-a90/

I like the Evolution intake better though. I wonder if these guys can read this and put up a package deal for us that includes the Injen Evolution intake with the charge pipes instead?
Sponsored