New (and old) SupraMKV members say hello!

Supbrah

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Downshift Blue Supra
Hey there everyone!

I’ve been lurking on the forum for the last few weeks and I decided to join and post up. I went and looked at a Downshift Blue Supra on Saturday. The dealer was just not on the ball...car had a dead battery, I watched two guys try to figure out how to jump start it and a third showed them how. Once we finally got the car out for a drive it was fun but didn’t sell me. Even if it had...I wouldn’t have purchased that car from that dealer.

Looking forward to hanging out here, learning some stuff and maybe pulling the trigger on a car.

Stay healthy my friends!
Sponsored

Supbrah

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Downshift Blue Supra
So, as I understand, having tried it you're basically out of the Supra market?
Not exactly...I’ve been thinking there may have been something wrong with the car I drove. It doesn’t add up to most of the experiences I’ve been gathering from this forum and other sources.

It’s also a really good looking car, I want to drive another one that hasn’t sat long enough to need a jump start.

If I drive another one (and like it more), get Downshift Blue and a good deal. Yeah...I could pick one up

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys. New to the forum and looking to get a new MKV Supra. I mostly had V8s charger, challengers, srt8. The reason i want to be a Supra owner is because when i bought a 370z and loved how the car took corners really well but wasnt a fan of the performance. Now the torque on my srt8 challenger was awsome but the cornering was bad. So I think this Supra is the best of both of those put together! Cant wait to get one

DioParker

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fame-usa.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Prem, 2019 Toyota Sienna LTD Prem
Hey guys. New to the forum and looking to get a new MKV Supra. I mostly had V8s charger, challengers, srt8. The reason i want to be a Supra owner is because when i bought a 370z and loved how the car took corners really well but wasnt a fan of the performance. Now the torque on my srt8 challenger was awsome but the cornering was bad. So I think this Supra is the best of both of those put together! Cant wait to get one
Power, performance, cornering, solid feel ... it's all there.

Eternalthinker

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Italian, British, and German
Hi all. I am just starting to learn about the new Supra and wondering for those of you already own one, what are the options you did not get, but wish you did. Thanks all

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
there's not much in the way of options on the Premiums.

Mainly Driver's Assist Package, wheel locks, carbon fiber mirror covers, cargo bag

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
There was pretty much one option when I bought it. The driver assist package. I wouldn't change anything. (car came with cf mirror covers too).

I do wish more options were available though.

Eternalthinker

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Italian, British, and German

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Mine came with everything Including PPF on the front.

Since I’m working on buying a replacement (would have happened by now but for COVID), I’m realizing that the mirror caps and PPF are useless options I may avoid. The OEM red caps can be ordered for a fifth of the cost of the CF caps, and the money you don’t spend on the incomplete Toyota PPF could be applied to the cost of a ceramic coating or more complete aftermarket PPF.

B58MKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
05 Honda S2000 & 20 Lexus NX
Joined the forum to get more info on the MKV as I plan to purchase one in the coming months. Have a love for all kinds of cars but have always had imports. Dad is a huge Toyota fanboy and he religiously outfitted his household with his Tundra and my mom and sister with their Lexus's. Currently driving my 05 Honda S2000 and looking for a torque-er sports car. Wife has a 2020 Lexus NX so it looks like I'm following in my dad's Toyota footsteps. Glad to be here and looking forward to learning more about this amazing car.

Zoopra

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, TRD Pro Taco
Joined the forum to get more info on the MKV as I plan to purchase one in the coming months. Have a love for all kinds of cars but have always had imports. Dad is a huge Toyota fanboy and he religiously outfitted his household with his Tundra and my mom and sister with their Lexus's. Currently driving my 05 Honda S2000 and looking for a torque-er sports car. Wife has a 2020 Lexus NX so it looks like I'm following in my dad's Toyota footsteps. Glad to be here and looking forward to learning more about this amazing car.
I had an ap1 years ago. It was the one car I regretted getting rid of. The supra is better in every possible way in my opinion. I’ll never make the same mistake with the A90, that’s for sure!

gantorris

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Downshift Blue
Howdy from South Texas, got my Downshift Blue Supra a couple months ago, my wife fell in love with it when we went to get a new Tundra, happy wife happy life. Been lurking around here for a while reading. Not looking to go crazy but plans are for downpipe, tune, the basic bolt ons.

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S (track ready)
Hi all, first post! I currently own a modified 2006 RSX Type-S (bought new) that has seen a decent amount of track days. It currently has under 50K miles on it as I barely drove it in college and went abroad for my second masters. Currently I live in a highrise walking distance to my office, so I store it in the suburbs (avoiding $280/mo for parking).

After 15 years I am aching to upgrade. Realistically, I still have very little need for a car, but I wanted to keep up to date. Initially, I didn't think I would be interested in the new Supra because it lacked a manual and didn't really like the looks. I was excited for the 2.0T in a 6MT. After reading more about the ZF8 trans, I have warmed up a bit. These BMW engines also appear to have lots of tuning potential. Finally, I like the looks much more than I initially did haha.

Cheers.
Sponsored