Kaizen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
How did the Matte Grey look in person?
The matte gray is phenomenal. It reminds of a great white shark or shark skin. In person it really turns heads. There is a hint of blue in it which makes you stare at it for a long time to notice it. I would pick this color if it wasn't going to be a daily driver for me, that's for sure. (Rock chips, scratches, etc. Won't be easy to cure with this special finish)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kaizen

Kaizen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I lucked out, checked many GR garages and even Toyota Mega Web, no more Supras. Seems like they all went somewhere else right before I got there. I was hoping to see other exterior colors :(. I'm still going to get one as a daily only because I love I6 RWD cars. Still hoping for a manual, or news of a manual before end of next summer, when I plan to trade in. Either way, I think this car will be special 20 years from now when everything is EV/hybrid/autonomous.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Saw Supra today, and it's small (but hot)

Saw a Supra in traffic today with dealer plates, and the first thing that jumped out at me was how small it looked. You'd think I would have known this, being a previous Z4 owner, but somehow I had been picturing it being a bigger car for some reason. Seeing it in person, it's definitely small.

On paper, the Supra is 9" shorter in wheelbase and 5" shorter in length than my M2 Competition. It's also 4" shorter wheelbase and only 4" longer than my previous 86. The numbers don't lie, but it was still surprising to me.

It does look really hot, with a distinctive stance you can't miss.

tonyng92

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E93 M3 F82 M4
Vehicle Showcase
Saw a Supra in traffic today with dealer plates, and the first thing that jumped out at me was how small it looked. You'd think I would have known this, being a previous Z4 owner, but somehow I had been picturing it being a bigger car for some reason. Seeing it in person, it's definitely small.

On paper, the Supra is 9" shorter in wheelbase and 5" shorter in length than my M2 Competition. It's also 4" shorter wheelbase and only 4" longer than my previous 86. The numbers don't lie, but it was still surprising to me.

It does look really hot, with a distinctive stance you can't miss.
Where in Virginia are you?

tonyng92

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E93 M3 F82 M4
Vehicle Showcase
Williamsburg, but saw the car in Newport News.
Hmm I wonder why someone is driving the Supra. I thought it wasn’t allowed until the 22nd. But I’m glad to hear that a Supra is in our area!

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Hmm I wonder why someone is driving the Supra. I thought it wasn’t allowed until the 22nd. But I’m glad to hear that a Supra is in our area!
I assumed it was someone from a dealership gassing it up or maybe doing a prep/PDI. Did not get a good look at the driver.

Heywood220

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
13 FR-S, 22 Tundra, 93 325i
Can't be "Sold" until the 22nd (as in reported sold in Toyotas system). Doesn't mean the dealer couldn't keep a dealer plate on the car and do all the paper work already for the customer. Not saying that this has ever happened ;), but nothing stopping them from doing it.

twarner776

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE, Audi A6
Can't be "Sold" until the 22nd (as in reported sold in Toyotas system). Doesn't mean the dealer couldn't keep a dealer plate on the car and do all the paper work already for the customer. Not saying that this has ever happened ;), but nothing stopping them from doing it.
Not sure if that is true or not or how it works, but I have completed all the paperwork with my dealer and everything is dated the day I made the deal which was when they knew the VIN. I specifically asked the question if I would be able to pick it up early if it came in before Monday and I was told the answer is yes. It's scheduled to be dropped off today so I'll see.

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95' Supra, '15 Maserati, '98 Skyline, '15 Mustang, M5
Saw mkv today in Geneva dealer - way better than photos

I booked it already in Dubai On May, yesterday when I saw the new corvette C8 event I was bit jealous
I am spending my holiday in Geneva, I decided to search for it here and see it in person
a kind man in the hotel helped me calling dealerships, we found it with the first call attempt, he gave me the location and I drove there.
I knew, I knew it would be better in person.
But man, I spent time designing wing for it with Flathat3d, it doesn’t need fkn wing...
The car is stunning, it’s so special in person, very aggressive and not as small as they describe at all
Now I can sleep well, can’t wait for mine

I strongly think that 99% of guys underestimating the Supra didn’t see it in person
I had mk4 for about 6 years, it’s way more beautiful imo

6E3698CC-4513-4F1B-8530-EAB80819E731.jpeg

388092EF-D71C-4E29-BCFA-7D5C98DC4D38.jpeg

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Not sure if that is true or not or how it works, but I have completed all the paperwork with my dealer and everything is dated the day I made the deal which was when they knew the VIN. I specifically asked the question if I would be able to pick it up early if it came in before Monday and I was told the answer is yes. It's scheduled to be dropped off today so I'll see.
I may be misremembering, but didn't someone get theirs, and Toyota Corp made the dealer take it back until the 22nd?

twarner776

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE, Audi A6
Well so far nothing from the dealer. All they told me today is that the car is not coming with normal deliveries and is coming via enclosed container (not sure i believe that) but whatever. On to waiting another day

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I booked it already in Dubai On May, yesterday when I saw the new corvette C8 event I was bit jealous
I am spending my holiday in Geneva, I decided to search for it here and see it in person
a kind man in the hotel helped me calling dealerships, we found it with the first call attempt, he gave me the location and I drove there.
I knew, I knew it would be better in person.
But man, I spent time designing wing for it with Flathat3d, it doesn’t need fkn wing...
The car is stunning, it’s so special in person, very aggressive and not as small as they describe at all
Now I can sleep well, can’t wait for mine

I strongly think that 99% of guys underestimating the Supra didn’t see it in person
I had mk4 for about 6 years, it’s way more beautiful imo

6E3698CC-4513-4F1B-8530-EAB80819E731.jpeg

388092EF-D71C-4E29-BCFA-7D5C98DC4D38.jpeg
Ya its low and wide. Theres really not much you could do to it for a daily driver. Its loud at idle and drives great. unless you take it to the extreme and change everything. I dont see how minor changes will affect the overall look of the car.

Bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Highlander,Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
I can only pick mine up on the 22nd. I brought my wife and son(18) in to see it and they both agreed that it looks much different then online photos and amazing in real life. its low and wide . The blue varies depending on the lighting ie. natural ,show room lights ,over cast, or sunny.
Its gonna be tough to get to sleep .
Sponsored