A91 edition Supra first legitimate drive Impressions

Sangeof

First Name
Sanju
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra A91 Refraction
I drove my Supra for first time today. It was a proper drive around Long Island in New York. I just can’t believe how fast this car is. Sport mode is absolutely useless for the streets. I had to get used to normal mode and being gentle on throttle. I started wondering how am I going to possibly enjoy this car? It’s limits are way too high and unattainable in NY area. I basically felt buyers remorse... Anyone else feel this way at some point after realizing the unholy amount of power the Supra puts out?
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I drove my Supra for first time today. It was a proper drive around Long Island in New York. I just can’t believe how fast this car is. Sport mode is absolutely useless for the streets. I had to get used to normal mode and being gentle on throttle. I started wondering how am I going to possibly enjoy this car? It’s limits are way too high and unattainable in NY area. I basically felt buyers remorse... Anyone else feel this way at some point after realizing the unholy amount of power the Supra puts out?
No. Go find some backroads. My Supra hasn't even done 1 mile in comfort mode lol.
And when spring comes, track days galore.

OP
OP
Sangeof

Sangeof

First Name
Sanju
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea gotta find some decent roads out here in NY. Any locals message me to have a meet.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
No. Go find some backroads. My Supra hasn't even done 1 mile in comfort mode lol.
And when spring comes, track days galore.
This. You can definitely enjoy the Supra on some good back roads but should not be taking any car with more than say 300HP to its limits anywhere on the streets. Just plain irresponsible and frankly unsatisfying compared to being on a track.

North Jersey has some great back roads. LI is too flat, I think.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
How is it without the HUD?

only reason why I didn’t get the A91. Congrats tho!

OP
OP
Sangeof

Sangeof

First Name
Sanju
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How is it without the HUD?

only reason why I didn’t get the A91. Congrats tho!
I was surprised it didn’t come with the HUD also. I did not need it though because I rented a white launch edition in January for 4 days which had the HUD and I did not use it at all in that time. Once I saw the refraction color, I could not settle for any other color. I also prefer the suede seats over leather because it holds you in place better during spirited driving.

OP
OP
Sangeof

Sangeof

First Name
Sanju
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You don't need a HUD. 2 inches below it is another speedo lol.
Yea nowadays new cars have digital speedos. My 2020 rx 450h f sport performance has digital speedo so I didn’t want HUD in that either. It’s redundant honestly.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Yea nowadays new cars have digital speedos. My 2020 rx 450h f sport performance has digital speedo so I didn’t want HUD in that either. It’s redundant honestly.
It is. It's just a gimmick.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
I was surprised it didn’t come with the HUD also. I did not need it though because I rented a white launch edition in January for 4 days which had the HUD and I did not use it at all in that time. Once I saw the refraction color, I could not settle for any other color. I also prefer the suede seats over leather because it holds you in place better during spirited driving.
Who is renting these out? How much?

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
You can rent them out on Turo. I rented one for two days for $100 a day.

I love the HUD, my Tesla doesn’t have one and wish it did. It’s one of my fav techs in the car.

OP
OP
Sangeof

Sangeof

First Name
Sanju
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I rented a white launch edition back in January from Turo for four days. About $100 a day and I put 400 miles on it. Was a blast. Those poor dws 06 tires had seen better days.

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Yea gotta find some decent roads out here in NY. Any locals message me to have a meet.
ha ha yeah lovely ny, I use to do the ocean parkway run going to jones beach, or the bear mountain run, but it was plague by cops with either radar or lidar!
You couldn’t enjoy the car/motorcycle in ny!
My advice, MOVE the hell out of NY, or have a lawyer on retainer!
Sponsored