New Downpipe on the Market.

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
I have driven about 300 miles now. Many drive cycles. Drive cycle for me are 10-23 miles typically. Alot of cruising, some WOT blast also. No sign of the CEL. I believe it's fixed. So for the price plus $6 O2 fouler from Autozone, im very happy. Sounds perfect.
Are you not artificially affecting the A/F ratio by doing this?
Sponsored

OP
OP

JDM BLKBMW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Edition Black, Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400R
I would not think so since it's not sensor 1 which is typically used for closed loop fueling feedback. I'm modifying the o2 responsible for catalyst monitor.

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium 3.0
So as of right now I have driven 100+ miles and 6 or 8 drive cycles and have not gotten a CEL. I modified a Dorman 42002 spark plug anti fouler and installed between the O2 and the o2 bung on the downpipe.. Before the anti fouler spacer it would take 2 drive cycles and it was like clockwork the P0420 would come up.

I don't know if it's fixed, but it is for sure better.
How did you modify it? Was there a fitment issue?

OP
OP

JDM BLKBMW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How did you modify it? Was there a fitment issue?
I drilled it out to fit the sensor end of the O2 sensor. If not you can't get the sensor to screw into the fouler all the way. Also you need to drill all the way thru to make sure the sensor tip sees enough heat or it will throw a different code. It's a balance between cat efficiency code and sensor heat. If you put the sensor too far away from the heat, it thinks the cat is working fine, but thinks sensor is bad. If it gets too much signal on the sensor it will think the cat is not functioning properly and throw a code for that.

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok, getting some clarification, since I need to fix the CEL issue my Powerneedy has developed after 3K miles with no light.

Are you talking about drilling out the inside of the anti-fouler to allow the end of the O2 to seat down into it? If so, what size drill bit did you use?

And did you drill it completely through, as in all the way out where the current small opening is on the anti-fouler?

Just trying to get an idea before I put the car up on the quickjack this evening.

Attachments

OP
OP

JDM BLKBMW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes. I think it's a 9/16" or 5/8" that I used. Drill only deep enough so sensor will seat. You will see the minor diameter of the male threads on the fouler gets close to the drill bit size. If you go too deep with the 5/8" bit it may come thru. I then took a 3/8" or 1/2" drill bit and drilled thru the small hole on the other end that you show. This allows some heat and exhaust flow to come in to the sensor. This is were you try to find tune the heat versus signal the sensor feeds back.

Does that make sense?

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok, takes a 9/16" drill bit to open them up enough for the sensor to fit. Went with a 3/8" bit for the end. We'll see how it works out. Used the Dorman 42009 anti-foulers, as they have a compression ring like the O2 sensors use to seal to the bung.

Supercompact

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Ok, takes a 9/16" drill bit to open them up enough for the sensor to fit. Went with a 3/8" bit for the end. We'll see how it works out. Used the Dorman 42009 anti-foulers, as they have a compression ring like the O2 sensors use to seal to the bung.
Did this work for you? Are you using a catted or catless DP?