New Ford GT leaked?

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
You can hear the engine here. Love the metallic engine whine!

Watch through the end credits for more engine sound...
Sponsored

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
More engine sound. Watch through the credits at the end for more. Love the metallic engine whine:

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
take note Honda. this is how you style a mid engine car ;)

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Well, I guess dealers meeting today didn't reveal any more details on price and ordering:

Hi Kamran:

At this moment there is no visibility on what our allocation may be. As more information becomes available I will gladly share it.

Kind regards,

Michael

Michael Xxxxxx
Internet Sales Director

bballr35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Elise
Well, I guess dealers meeting today didn't reveal any more details on price and ordering:

Hi Kamran:

At this moment there is no visibility on what our allocation may be. As more information becomes available I will gladly share it.

Kind regards,

Michael

Michael Xxxxxx
Internet Sales Director
Are you really looking to buy one? if you have that kind of cheese I'd say we are all jelly.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Are you really looking to buy one? if you have that kind of cheese I'd say we are all jelly.
Lol, please kindly read the car I drive! ;)
But on the other hand, ....I did say robbing a bank is on my bucket list! Moving the date up on the list is always an option!!! ;)

Also for the fun, here's a link to "who" can swing it to make the purchase possible! It's all about priorities in life, and how much you wanna push it:
http://m.benzinga.com/article/5146645

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
How Ford Managed to Keep the New GT Supercar a Secret

The GT supercar project bore the “Phoenix” codename while it was being developed by Ford. The car was apparently concealed in a basement and only a handful of employees had access.

Automotive News reports that they didn’t even use electronic keycards, but real old-fashioned keys instead. The entire project was shrouded in secrecy up to the point where those involved were not allowed to talk about it with their families at all.

"A lot of people probably knew something was going on, but no one actually knew what the project was", Moray Callum, Ford's global design chief, told the news site. "This was probably a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get to do a vehicle like this. I'm still pinching myself that we're actually doing it."

This kept the hype high and leaked information to a minimum and GT made quite the impression when it was revealed in Detroit last month, especially since we really didn’t know what to expect; it definitely stole some of the Acura NSX’s shine at the motor show. The GT was actually unveiled a few hours before the Japanese car and that counted too.

Work on the car began in late 2013, and according to Moray Callum,"Usually, we like to encourage, especially on important programs, wide input from around the world, but on this one, we sort of realized both in terms of time and the element of keeping it quiet that we probably had to change the process here, so we picked a small group of designers."

We can’t wait to see it out and about!
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/how-ford-managed-to-keep-new-gt.html

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Will be at a show near you!
• Chicago Auto Show, February 12-22

• Canadian International Auto Show, February 13-22

• Geneva Auto Show, March 3-15

• Amelia Island Concours, March 12-16

• New York International Auto Show, April 2-12

• Shanghai Auto Show, April 20-29

And this what Ford GT Le Mans could look like (a beast):
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/ford-gt-le-mans-car-render-2015-02-05

Attachments

JJR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CT200
Beast.

Cmon Toyota where's your halo sports car already (Supra)?? LF-LC is coming yea but that's wearing a Lexus badge.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
U'r welcome. Hope that means you can make it to one of those...

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
I watched the coverage of the Detroit show last night, and the announcer said it is rumored to be in the $400K range! Ouch

I guess I won't be buying one, since no banks I know of keeps that much cash on hands for me to rub!!!

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
I watched the coverage of the Detroit show last night, and the announcer said it is rumored to be in the $400K range! Ouch

I guess I won't be buying one, since no banks I know of keeps that much cash on hands for me to rub!!!
I really can't imagine the new car will cost that much. A Ford representative told Dan Neil for Wall Street Journal $150,000. I think they definitely have room to charge more, but I don't think it's likely Ford will eclipse $200k.

A lot of the Ferrari guys are throwing around rumors of $300k, $400k, $500k, since that's what they're used to paying. Also a bunch of the previous gen Ford GT guys are speculating $250k $350k because of current GT values and some suggesting Ford has some obligation to protect values of the old cars. It's all bullshit, and doesn't detract from the fact that the last car's MSRP was $149k.