Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
spr02-g1497
90-130mm
Medium
My H&R springs make the same clunking noise after install on my 21. Looking to get the Tein silencers Like you mentioned. Thx for the part number. Can I ask how many you bought. I see them come in pairs but it looks like you have around 4-5 on the 1 spring. Also can they be installed while the springs are still on the car? Thx in advance.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
My H&R springs make the same clunking noise after install on my 21. Looking to get the Tein silencers Like you mentioned. Thx for the part number. Can I ask how many you bought. I see them come in pairs but it looks like you have around 4-5 on the 1 spring. Also can they be installed while the springs are still on the car? Thx in advance.
Lift the car to install, with the wheels hanging springs will be uncompressed and you can stick them on

Yes I added around 5 iirc to each spring in the rear

tomcxb

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten 3.0 Premium / 2020 Honda Odyssey Elite / 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Lift the car to install, with the wheels hanging springs will be uncompressed and you can stick them on

Yes I added around 5 iirc to each spring in the rear
and all of your noise is now gone?

Ekin95

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yes it went away.. I'm on HKS adjustable now
Cool, I am debating on getting the hks adjustable springs if I cannot get the noise to go away with the silencers On the H&R springs. Any noise issues with your HKS adjustable springs? Thx for the help

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Cool, I am debating on getting the hks adjustable springs if I cannot get the noise to go away with the silencers On the H&R springs. Any noise issues with your HKS adjustable springs? Thx for the help
None whatsoever

OverRev

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 SUPRA
Same here. Triple checked the rear suspension and striped the interior to diagnose, still couldn’t figured out the cause of the clunks (metal to metal) from the rear. It only took place when driving thru small bumps/potholes. Decided to give the silencers a try and they completely solved the problem. Here are some pictures of The silencers installed. I used two per side just follow the run of the springs and space them out as instructed. *no need to remove the wheels, and I used silicone grease to make the install easier.
Sponsored

Attachments