Normal mode, low rpm rumbling

Bkoola

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr supra
To start off I rarely drive in normal mode. For the past few months after being tuned. I noticed during the brief times I was in normal mode, there’s a deep rumbling that can be felt and heard in low rpm from like 2k but quiets down when accelerating. Things is, when in sport mode. It does not happen at all and drives smoothly. Feels dumb wondering about it so many months later, but being that I only drive in sport, I just disregarded it. Didn’t bother posting a video, doesn’t pick up. Trying to see if anyone has encountered this before I hit up my tuner. Thanks
Sponsored

Ozzy8690

First Name
Ozzy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14’ Turbo Ultramarine FRS, 2020 Downshift Blue Supra 3.0 premium
If it typically happens in higher gears (6-8) at low speeds it’s just lugging the engine. Apparently after tuning the car, the stock transmission, since it’s not tunable yet, uses the old torque values so it changes into higher gears faster after you’re tuned. Typically only occurs in normal mode and while driving slightly faster than normal or a bit brisk. This was brought up a while ago on the ECUtek thread if I’m not mistaken.

OP
OP

Bkoola

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr supra
If it typically happens in higher gears (6-8) at low speeds it’s just lugging the engine. Apparently after tuning the car, the stock transmission, since it’s not tunable yet, uses the old torque values so it changes into higher gears faster after you’re tuned. Typically only occurs in normal mode and while driving slightly faster than normal or a bit brisk. This was brought up a while ago on the ECUtek thread if I’m not mistaken.
Thanks for the answer. My only issue is that I want to know if it’s something to be concerned about

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Ah. I thought this was an exhaust issue on my car but this makes perfect sense.

watching this thread for more answers.
Sponsored