Not working - keyless entry, cigarette lighter socket, and reverse mirror tilt

A91CULater

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 CU Later
Hi friends!

Has anyone have problems like the title suggests? The car drives fine otherwise.

I have been searching the forum. Some people had keyless entry issue, but charging it with a ctek charger seemed to have fixed it.

So, I also bought a ctek hoping to fix it as well. Nothing. I did notice though, before I charged the battery, the voltage read 12.06V. After letting it charge overnight, it went up to 13.08. Tried keyless entry again by touching the handle and the three ridges, nothing. Battery voltage has been consistent in the 12.9-13V range since.

On the cigarette socket issue, there is no power from it either. Initially I thought my dashcam connector wasn't fully making contact with the socket. So I bought the oem quick charging kit and tested it out. Nothing still. (funny enough, the usb connection is fine)

Since the battery did read 12.06V, is it possible that the car went into "transport mode" like other bmws would when the battery gets low? If so, is it something only the dealer would be able to fix?
Sponsored

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
If itā€™s under warranty, take it to the dealer. Stuff like this is a headache to figure out.

I had similar issues and they were due to the battery voltage dropping too low while sitting on the dealer lot, causing the car to go back into transport mode (allegedly).

The dealer couldnā€™t really ever figure it out so they replaced the battery entirely and then reprogrammed everything. I donā€™t think they really knew what they were doing but it did end up fixing the problemā€¦

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Well for reverse mirror tilt is the switch to the right or to the left. If it's right it won't move.

OP
OP
A91CULater

A91CULater

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 CU Later
Update - At least the issue with the lighter socket is found - it is just a blown fuse. Replacing it worked
Sponsored