NV specialties customer service/quality issues

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I just was curious on everybody’s experiences with NVSpecialties’ customer service dealing with merchandise warranties.

I ordered a matte carbon fiber ecu cover for the A90 Supra on 11/8/22 and installed with 0 issues.

On 12/27/23, I went to pull off the ecu cover to access my oil filter to change my oil and one of the mounting points broke off. I was curious has anybody had this issue? I messaged Jon on IG twice about the issue on the same day when it happened and didn't get a reply.

No problem. After 1 week or so, I then went onto their website to send them a message and finally got a reply back. I was told that my item was not under their warranty. (I am guessing that I am 51 days after their 1 year limited warranty)

I was told to glue the mounting point back. It is wobbling now and those fixes definitely isn’t something I want to do as a permanent fix. I was also told that he could give me a 30% discount which would be basically more than what I paid for as I got it during one of their sales. I replied back with this isn’t a solution for me and why is it not under warranty. I have still have yet to hear back….

I just want to make it clear that I am in no way bashing Jon and his company but just wanted some feedback from everybody that has any experience with nvspecialities and if you ever had an issue with any of their products. I have several of their products with 0 issues so this is the first time I had any kinda of issues. I know at the end of the day, it’s all carbon fiber junk made from China. I also know it’s only an ecu cover but I figured they would of stand behind the quality of products and also help a repeat customer of theirs.

IMG_7065.jpeg

IMG_6829.jpeg

IMG_6830.jpeg
Sponsored

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
I've had a few issues with their company/Jon and some meh answers. I have their dash piece which fits alright at best and the CF is much different than the stock piece. I wouldn't order from them again, sadly rexpeed and some of the cheap amazon companies do it better. Their engine cover is 9/10, ecu cover is 8/10, coolant cover is like 5/10 at best. Their dash piece is also like 5/10.

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
My ecu cover broke from the exact same mounting point lmao.

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
well damn!! Matte carbon fiber finish? I have their gloss cf ecu cover finish and don’t have any issues…

I didn’t even pull it out hard….. I can’t GLUE it back bc the piece disappeared below…… 👇

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have a bunch of @NVSpecialties parts and they’ve never failed me and are some of the best I’ve seen, especially the parts that are direct replacements for OEM parts. I’m not being biased either because I have carbon parts from Rexpeed, APR, Autotechnik, Revel GT, eBay, Seibon and others I’m sure.

The one time I did have a big blemish was when I bought the radiator cover and Jon replaced it with another one right away so I have to say I’ve always had good experiences with them.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I have almost everything NVS makes for the Supra, and fitment has been exceptional. But this ECU cover seems to be suspicious, because mine also broke in the same spot.

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
well damn!! Matte carbon fiber finish? I have their gloss cf ecu cover finish and don’t have any issues…

I didn’t even pull it out hard….. I can’t GLUE it back bc the piece disappeared below…… 👇
gloss Finish 😭

JON@NVS

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
nvspecialties.com
Car(s)
2020 MKV LE #333 and 94 turbo six speed mkiv
I just was curious on everybody’s experiences with NVSpecialties’ customer service dealing with merchandise warranties.

I ordered a matte carbon fiber ecu cover for the A90 Supra on 11/8/22 and installed with 0 issues.

On 12/27/23, I went to pull off the ecu cover to access my oil filter to change my oil and one of the mounting points broke off. I was curious has anybody had this issue? I messaged Jon on IG twice about the issue on the same day when it happened and didn't get a reply.

No problem. After 1 week or so, I then went onto their website to send them a message and finally got a reply back. I was told that my item was not under their warranty. (I am guessing that I am 51 days after their 1 year limited warranty)

I was told to glue the mounting point back. It is wobbling now and those fixes definitely isn’t something I want to do as a permanent fix. I was also told that he could give me a 30% discount which would be basically more than what I paid for as I got it during one of their sales. I replied back with this isn’t a solution for me and why is it not under warranty. I have still have yet to hear back….

I just want to make it clear that I am in no way bashing Jon and his company but just wanted some feedback from everybody that has any experience with nvspecialities and if you ever had an issue with any of their products. I have several of their products with 0 issues so this is the first time I had any kinda of issues. I know at the end of the day, it’s all carbon fiber junk made from China. I also know it’s only an ecu cover but I figured they would of stand behind the quality of products and also help a repeat customer of theirs.

IMG_7065.jpeg

IMG_6829.jpeg

IMG_6830.jpeg
Hello Axix23

I have responded privately via email please check and respond. Thank You
Jon
NVS

JON@NVS

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
nvspecialties.com
Car(s)
Hello Kyle

My apologies for the inconvenience did you reach out to me on this matter? I don't see a purchase history under your name. Do you have an order number for reference that I can assist you with?

Thank You

Jon
NVS

JON@NVS

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
nvspecialties.com
Car(s)
I have a bunch of @NVSpecialties parts and they’ve never failed me and are some of the best I’ve seen, especially the parts that are direct replacements for OEM parts. I’m not being biased either because I have carbon parts from Rexpeed, APR, Autotechnik, Revel GT, eBay, Seibon and others I’m sure.

The one time I did have a big blemish was when I bought the radiator cover and Jon replaced it with another one right away so I have to say I’ve always had good experiences with them.
Hello JRedMKV

Thank you for the kind words and support. I have always done my best to meet and or exceed my customers requests and or inquiries. Thank again for the post it is greatly appreciated!

Jon
NVS

JON@NVS

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
nvspecialties.com
Car(s)
I've had a few issues with their company/Jon and some meh answers. I have their dash piece which fits alright at best and the CF is much different than the stock piece. I wouldn't order from them again, sadly rexpeed and some of the cheap amazon companies do it better. Their engine cover is 9/10, ecu cover is 8/10, coolant cover is like 5/10 at best. Their dash piece is also like 5/10.
Hello Timmy

Thank you for your feedback. My apologies that my products and or I have not satisfied your expectations. I would love to know an order number so I can look into what was said and or where I Fell short on delivering your expectations. Did you place an order with us under a different name? My apologies because I don't see a purchase history with your name on here.

Thank You

Jon
NVS

JON@NVS

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
nvspecialties.com
Car(s)
I have almost everything NVS makes for the Supra, and fitment has been exceptional. But this ECU cover seems to be suspicious, because mine also broke in the same spot.
Hello Thraxbert

Thank you for all the support and feedback. This is greatly appreciated. Did you or have you ever reached out to me about this matter? Please send me a dm if you would like to discuss this.

Thank you for your time

Jon
NVS

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
How does it seem suspicious? I barely drive my Supra, it stays inside the garage most of the time. I have under 1400 miles on it. It’s not tracked or daily driven. I didn't abuse the ecu cover. I promise.
LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
So I just received an email from Jon. In a nut shell, he thanked me for the post to better help his customers, then said he didn’t appreciate me criticizing him on a public forum and he has given me discounts/shipping in the past on the products. He also said I can pay for shipping back to him where he will inspect the ecu cover for damages, and ship me one back. He also asked me to never purchase from his business again.

Let’s address some things here. As far as discounts, those discounts are offered to everybody as he runs sales all the time.

I was not on here trying to bash him, but just curious if anybody had issues with their ecu cover breaking and if anybody had to return any items. And how was the experience.

Since there has been other ecu covers breaking, he may want to address the quality issue there. Which there clearly is a problem. I apologized if I pointed that out in a public forum…..

As far as me not buying anything anymore from his business, that’s his private business and I respect that. I will say that I never had a business tell me not to make a purchase again from them. I will gladly not spend my money from a business that speaks to their customers like that…… There are plenty of other cf companies out there that I can get it from.

I do appreciate the one time return offer from him where I have to pay for the return shipping. There really is no point at this stage in getting a replacement one, even if he allows it. I get it and it breaks again when I remove it. I will be at square one. If he even ships me back a new one. I will have to spend more money to ship it back.

I wasn’t going to, but here is the attached reply in case people on here don’t believe. I have been on this forum since the Supra came out and I believe this is the first time I even posted about a company on here. Like I said, I don’t have a problem with Jon and his company, I even chatted with him on IG for months. I loved all the products I got from him prior (matte cf engine cover, radiator cover, engine cowl covers, and gloss ecu cover. I even gave him an ideas on making an air intake cover… He seemed like a really cool guy.
IMG_7299.png
IMG_7300.png
It’s very unfortunate things had to go this way….

PS, if anybody wants some NV specialities stuff, PM me…… 😂

IMG_7301.png