NVH of solid bushings on suspension

Superooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2018 Subaru Crosstrek
As discussed in another thread, I’m considering modifying my stock Supra’s suspension. Some suggested I go to solid bushings on the suspension, does anyone have experience doing this on the road? How’s the increase in NVH?

This is a second car so I don’t mind a bit of increase in NVH but I don’t want it to get to the point where it’s unpleasant.
Sponsored

adawine

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra
If you're referencing SPL parts, NVH is negligible and almost non-existent. Primary increases in NVH will come from solid differential bushings or motor mounts. Pretty much every other SPL bit will sound stock.

Main benefits are the resounding increase in steering feel and adjustability.

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
I’ve been doing a deep dive on this as I’m preparing to upgrade my suspension.

The main solid bushings that I’d say are in the “other” category are motor mounts, transmission mounts, rear subframe bushings, and rear differential bushings. Differential, motor, and transmission mounts/bushings will absolutely increase NVH. Not sure about the rear subframe bushings on NVH. I’d assume yes, but no as much as the other 3

The more common solid component upgrades are the SPL parts. Each of the SPL arms replace rubber components with solid components. They also have the front caster solids bushings. I agree with adawine (from what I’ve read and other forum member’s reports) that these do not substantially increase NVH.
Sponsored