SPL - improvements in feel versus increased NVH

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Hey all,

For those of you who have installed a lot of the SPL parts, what was the improvement in steering feel, and how noticeable is the increase in NVH? I’m considering doing some of their stuff (on stock struts), but not looking too add a lot of road noise. I do enjoy the refined nature of the car on road trips.

Cheers,
Sponsored

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Ill start by saying i dont have any SPL stuff on my Supra (Ill be doing the full Verkline setup here at some point) - BUT - I have the entire mountain pass performance suite thrown at my Tesla (very similar to SPL). Teslas are VERY sensitive to NVH since they dont have an ICE motor to make noise to drown anything out. I find the Noise to be non-existant, Vibration and Harshness is only noticable upon hitting a pothole or the like. Otherwise the massive difference in sharpness of handling is totally worth it.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Like @DarkZupra said, no change in noise, but you will see an increase in vibration and harshness when driving on rough roads. Depending on the road quality where you live that may or may not be an issue, where I'm at in Colorado I'd say about 10% of the roads I drive on are noticeably harsher, the other 90% there's really no change. The improvement in steering response and stability when cornering, especially over bumps, is dramatic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
type-964

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
A last question - do you think the f/r antiroll bar endlinks are necessary/worth it? I have the Cusco set on my car.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
A last question - do you think the f/r antiroll bar endlinks are necessary/worth it? I have the Cusco set on my car.
I would do them, OEM endlinks are weak as shit.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Definitely on the front, you'll probably need to play with the endlink length to keep things from hitting. Too long and the sway will hit the lower arm, too short and it'll hit the tie rod.

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW

Adjustable endlinks aren’t necessary but are recommended, it allow you to adjust the link so that the sway bar isn’t preloaded.

If you plan to track the car, I would get them. I had a car that used to over rotate easily, I later figured out it was due to the rear sway having preload.

viorussel

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991.2 GT3 and X3m40i
Sorry to high jack the thread. In a similar boat, currently have the SPL camber arms, spherical bushing on the way, front and rear sways with accompanying sway bars.

Besides going for the full catalogue what’s the best bang for buck to upgrade for improving steering feel?