Steering Feel/Feedback?

purekoryo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS3
Hello folks!

I test drove the new GR Supra and was a blast to drive! The only thing deterring me from purchasing one is the lack of steering feel and feedback. Have any of you done mods like LCA and bushing parts from SPL? If so, did it bring back the steering feel? Are there any aftermarket parts out yet for steering rack bushings?
Sponsored

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Don't expect much from electric power steering. You can improve feel but it is not really capable of providing feedback like a hydraulic system could.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
steering feel gets a little bit, even if artificially, in sport mode... did you try it?

It's not GT86 good, but the best of any Supra to date

OP
OP

purekoryo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS3
steering feel gets a little bit, even if artificially, in sport mode... did you try it?

It's not GT86 good, but the best of any Supra to date
Yes, I tried both modes, but didn't feel much of a difference. Maybe I was really spoiled by the cayman I used to have for a short period of time...But then that's what toyota bench marked.

OP
OP

purekoryo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS3
Does Bimmercode work for the supras? I wonder if there's anything in the coding that can help. For example, on my current RS3, I can set the power assist level in 20% increments and have marked difference outside of the three modes (comfort, auto, sport). At 20% steering assist, you have to use kung fu grip and bench 500 lbs. to turn the wheel :)

AMW1011

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI
Yes, I tried both modes, but didn't feel much of a difference. Maybe I was really spoiled by the cayman I used to have for a short period of time...But then that's what toyota bench marked.
Which generation Cayman? The earlier cars with hydraulic steering (2012 and older iirc) embarasses even a brand new Cayman in terms of steering feel/feedback. Many consider Porsche's electric steering to be the best in the industry, but electric steering will still behave like electric steering.
Sponsored