OP
OP
DesertSupra2.0

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 2.0 21 Camry TRD 18 RX350 19 Outback
I've yet to hear people say that PS4's are worse than the PSS in any metric but I'd love to see where you heard that. PS4's are good options, Also the Conti extreme contacts are pretty nice as well.
I was digging around in one of the BMW forums, I think it was Bimmerforum. There were posts from M owners who replaced their MPSS with the MPS4s and regretted it due to the steering feel being a bit vaguer. Some were even saying they would be going back to the MPSS when the MPS4s wore out. That was disappointing for me as I was hoping the MPS4s retained the same sporty feel. In videos comparing the the MPS4s to the Continental Extreme Contact 02, the MPS4s seem to do better on steering feel, so I think the Continentals are out for me. It’s too bad tire shops don’t have a set of “test tires” to “try before you buy”! But I guess the cost and legal implications are a deterrent. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
DesertSupra2.0

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 2.0 21 Camry TRD 18 RX350 19 Outback
Check some reviews of the PS5. Have them on M240i and pleased as a summer tire. Continental Sport Contact 7 is out as well. Certainly there are options to the PSS. I tend to check tire source reviews etc when swapping off the OEM tires that came with the car. Im quite a fan of Michelin for both summer and winter tires for use here in Germany. Keep us posted and ignore the forum troll earlier who calls people names rather than contributing at all.

Tires are subjective but feedback from forum owners is always a good thing.
Great ideas. Unfortunately right now it appears they make neither the PS5 nor the Contact 7 in my size yet. It seems like these are mostly OEM tires on a few select models in this early stage. Thanks.

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I've yet to hear people say that PS4's are worse than the PSS in any metric but I'd love to see where you heard that. PS4's are good options, Also the Conti extreme contacts are pretty nice as well.
I’m too lazy to try to dig it up, but when PS4S came out, I read that ultimate grip was actually lower than PSS, but that the 4S was a better all around option. I want to say it was Andy Hollis’s review for GRM.

That said, I’ve owned two sets of PS4S on another car and was very happy with them.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Honestly, i have a lot of friends with modern performance cars and many who are old enough to have been through performance tire evolution in the Michelin range. I can't find you a single person i know who would say that the PSS is a better tire in any situation than the PS4S. I've ran multiple sets of both on various summer only cars and say the same, PSS's are a decent tire in my opinion, at the time they hit market, is was the best you could do but that was a LONG time ago. PS4S is a superior tire in almost every aspect in my testing including low temp performance (on the street), wet performance, longevity, grip, response, etc. Tire Rack has tested this tire against the Conti ExtremeContact Sport 02's and those tires also outperform the Michelin's in wet and dry performance if i remember correctly. There are probably a half-dozen tires out there that are superior to the PSS and many other factors impact response including road your on, temp, your alignment and suspension setup, if your running spacers or not, etc. etc. If it were me, and i'm in the same scenario, my PSS's only have 7k miles on them and i'm looking to ditch them for something with significantly more grip....i'll probably end up going Falken Azenis RT660's since my situation is a weekend/dry driver only.

Good luck in your search of a better tire, shouldn't be too hard to find something you'll like more IMO.
Sponsored