Are the PS4S really better than OEM PSS?

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Everyone on the east coast never gets those west coast deals either… it’s always the best deals… local pickup in Orange County! I’ll make someone a good deal on these!! Im in TN😬
Got a price? DM me. If It's attractive enough, I can come up this week! Im in GA.
Sponsored

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
Where are you located and how much? I hope you’re in NorCal?
Take offs can be found pretty easily if you look around. Hell, I have a spare set of two-tones with the factory PSS tires with <2600mi if you are just looking for tires, since I'm planning on getting the wheels powder coated and on PSAS4s for a more street friendly tire in <50F temps.

A90Enemy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
The PS4S are a great daily tire as for the track and hooking could never hook once i went on E i now have them as fronts and drags in the rear

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
To elaborate, you would be losing track performance for an improvement in road comfort.

might as well just run 200tw tires instead. They aren’t really worse on the street but are MUCH better on the track. Nankang Cr-s, re-71rs, or rt660 would all be good choices.

Personally I think the nankang feel great on the street but the others are as comfortable as PSS, just a bit stiffer sidewall.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Neither are a great tire, but the PS4S is infinitely better than the complete garbage trash the factory tires are.
The factory tire is a good Oem tire gets the job done for normal driving and occasional sprited driving. It’s good in the rain ☔ and etc. Michelins make superior tires for everyday vehicle and have a long tread wear normally. Of course it’s not a track tire or super sticky. I don’t think any tire will be good for this high low end tq vehicle. It will loose alittle traction regardless.

visbits

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 MKV MT, 94 RX7, 95 Supra, 02 S2K, 17 GT350
Neither are a great tire, but the PS4S is infinitely better than the complete garbage trash the factory tires are.
Finally someone who doesn't think the Pilot Sports are the best thing ever! I absolutely HATE PS tires... I think theyre ugly and the traction is medocure at best. Id rather run a kumho ps91 than a Ps4 and then i'd at least get 10k miles on a sec.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Finally someone who doesn't think the Pilot Sports are the best thing ever
are you new here? literally everyone knows the factory tires are garbage.

I think theyre ugly
I don't think I've ever heard someone give a fuck about what a tire looks like. It's job is to connect your car to the ground, not pick up chicks for you.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I don't think I've ever heard someone give a fuck about what a tire looks like. It's job is to connect your car to the ground, not pick up chicks for you.
Hmmpf, small tire energy. You should see my tread width - absolute magnet. 💀

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
I think it’s important to mention that the tire should fit your local temperature and weather conditions.
They will probably suck when you live in Alaska.

Michelin PSS and PS4S are tires that perform well in all weather conditions above 30-40F.
That’s the reputation I know from Michelin.
They are made in the USA btw.

I have the PS4S now and I switched from the stock PSS tires.
First thing I noticed was they are softer and the ride feels more comfortable compared to the PSS.
The grip is better and gets better when they get some more temperature.
Even cornering feels better.

For road-trips they will do their job pretty well but I think unless you want to go for some pedal to the metal they are some kind of overkill and cheaper ones will get the job well done too.

Rocses

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91
JUST REPLACED MY REAR FK510'S. THEY LASTED ABOUT 4.5K, BUT IN OVERALL RATING FOR THE PRICE THEY ARE GREAT.
Sponsored