BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
Sup,

which psi are you using on for the PS4S? Like stock 32 or 36/40?
I’ve bee on using 32 and had some strange wobble when going full throttle. It felt like the profile is moving a bit left/right.

cheers
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigRon

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
I think the thing at the gas station wasn’t calibrated, checked on another and it was around 28. Now it’s 32 and didn’t notice the wobbling till now.

but tbh the grip and traction of the tire is just another level compared to the stock PSS.
Spinning tires are fun but on a tuned Supra it’s just too much :D

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red Supra 3.0 2022, Black BMW 116i 2022
For track or for road?

For the road you can use the same pressure than the Michelin PSS for comfort, or increase a bit (+0.2 or 0.3 bars is perfectly fine) to have the tire flex less in curves. I think the BMW Z4 is recommended for a higher pressure actually, probably for better fuel economy (and the added weight of course).

For track it's complex, probably better to look for detailed threads. :)

OP
OP
BigRon

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
It’s for driving on roads, at my most used gas station it was showing 32psi (2,2bar) first, but when I checked at 2 different ones it was only around 28psi (2,0bar).
Now I’m at 34psi (2,3bar) (hopefully :p) and quite satisfied.

But the grip with 28psi(2,0bar) was insane, even in hard corners nearly zero oversteer and only a little bit tire spin. Just the wobble when going full throttle didn’t feel right.

i really need to improve my english :p

I see you are from Germany too, we should go for a meet and greet sometime :D

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It’s for driving on roads, at my most used gas station it was showing 32psi (2,2bar) first, but when I checked at 2 different ones it was only around 28psi (2,0bar).

I see you are from Germany too, we should go for a meet and greet sometime :D
Thanks for using bars, I have no clue with psi 🤣
Personally I'm using the TPMS sensor of the car, so I always compare the same thing.
Btw I read again your initial post, that wobbeling can come from many thing, I would not worry if I were you. Plus it's fun to have a car moving around under throttle.

Sure thing, I'm in Stuttgart but for now my car is in winter storage for 2 more weeks. I'm hoping to make a few trackdays this year as well. Where are you? I also speak German btw (Not mother tongue though).

OP
OP
BigRon

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
Ye it wasn’t the tire having no traction, it felt like the profile of the tire is moving left/right a bit and we are sitting close to the rear axle so…

had it only under full throttle at around 30-60mph (60-100km/h). Below 30mph(60kmh) the tires are just spinning with no traction at all at full throttle :p

I have no clue either, just searching on google for bar psi converter :p
It’s an American forum so I’m using their measurements of course :D

I am living near Mannheim and always looking for some ppl with Supras because the community here is basically not existent to share experience and tips.

Your name says it your country of origin is probably France :D
Been there a lot in the past years and I absolutely love it. The food is just on another level compared to rest of Europe, the people are chill and the nature is stunning.
In 2 weeks I’m doing a tour through the French alpes. Genf -> Annecy -> Chambery-> Grenoble and then through the “Route the Napoleon” to Cannes with some sightseeing. Visiting some famous places in the Cote d Azure and back after a few days at the ocean :p
Super hyped right now :D
Cheers

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ah sorry I missed your answer.
Cool Mannheim is not far, I have some friends with alpines, porsches, cupras etc but am the only one with a supra as well.

Your tour in the Alps sounds really cool, I never drove on the "route Napoleon" actually, but remember some beautiful shootings were done there when the supra came out. :thumbsup:
Be a bit careful where you park in Grenoble though, I would recommend a garage.

Yeah I'm french but living in Germany since 10 years already.
On the 15.04 I'm planning to go to the racetrack of Chenevieres, and maybe on 03.04 to Geoparc Saint Dié.

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
Load rating on the PS4S are different than the PSS
I also went larger rears on the TE37s
305/30-19
I found the sweet spot for cold tires to be right around 34psi
The stock PSS like to be around 37 psi cold

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
Ye it wasn’t the tire having no traction, it felt like the profile of the tire is moving left/right a bit and we are sitting close to the rear axle so…

had it only under full throttle at around 30-60mph (60-100km/h). Below 30mph(60kmh) the tires are just spinning with no traction at all at full throttle :p

I have no clue either, just searching on google for bar psi converter :p
It’s an American forum so I’m using their measurements of course :D

I am living near Mannheim and always looking for some ppl with Supras because the community here is basically not existent to share experience and tips.

Your name says it your country of origin is probably France :D
Been there a lot in the past years and I absolutely love it. The food is just on another level compared to rest of Europe, the people are chill and the nature is stunning.
In 2 weeks I’m doing a tour through the French alpes. Genf -> Annecy -> Chambery-> Grenoble and then through the “Route the Napoleon” to Cannes with some sightseeing. Visiting some famous places in the Cote d Azure and back after a few days at the ocean :p
Super hyped right now :D
Cheers
How to Convert Bar to Psi. 1 bar = 14.503773773 psi 1 psi = 0.0689475729 bar. Example: convert 15 bar to psi: 15 bar = 15 × 14.503773773 psi = 217.556606595 psi. Popular Pressure Unit Conversions
Sponsored