Better Steering Feel than Michelin PSS?

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 2.0 21 Camry TRD 18 RX350 19 Outback
So I have 33k miles on the original Michelin Pilot Super Sports and looking to replace them. This is my daily driver around town.

I want to try new tires, but it seems comparable tires lack the steering feel (which I define as how quickly and precisely the tires respond to steering inputs) of the MPSSs.

What tires do you think meet or beat the OEM MPSS tires for steering feel, specifically?

Thanks!
Sponsored

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Since it’s your daily, what conditions do you drive in?

Track friendly tires improve the steering response and feedback, but at a cost (high wear, hard as a rock when cold, etc.).

Are you looking to run a tire that will last as long as the MPSS have for you?

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
Wow clever little nerd huh
yea. Sorry. When you don’t have “real” friends and have to spend time on the Internet forums you gotta be good at something. Still learning how to drive.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
275’s up front, Cusco sway bars and MSS springs and an alignment significantly livened up the steering in my Supra over stock. Now it’s very sensitive like a go kart. I love it.

OP
OP
DesertSupra2.0

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Since it’s your daily, what conditions do you drive in?

Track friendly tires improve the steering response and feedback, but at a cost (high wear, hard as a rock when cold, etc.).

Are you looking to run a tire that will last as long as the MPSS have for you?
Just a daily driver in Phoenix. Not looking to track it. Yes, looking for tires with a similar lifespan, so not considering track tires. Thanks!

OP
OP
DesertSupra2.0

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If the PSS served you well then the PS4S will be a solid replacement. They have better grip and are very stable at higher speeds.

-RJM
Yes, they sound like a better tire objectively, but the steering feel is appreciably “looser” or “delayed” than the PSS, from what I’ve been seeing.

OP
OP
DesertSupra2.0

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
275’s up front, Cusco sway bars and MSS springs and an alignment significantly livened up the steering in my Supra over stock. Now it’s very sensitive like a go kart. I love it.
Did you keep the stock tires? Sounds awesome.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Yes, they sound like a better tire objectively, but the steering feel is appreciably “looser” or “delayed” than the PSS, from what I’ve been seeing.
Check some reviews of the PS5. Have them on M240i and pleased as a summer tire. Continental Sport Contact 7 is out as well. Certainly there are options to the PSS. I tend to check tire source reviews etc when swapping off the OEM tires that came with the car. Im quite a fan of Michelin for both summer and winter tires for use here in Germany. Keep us posted and ignore the forum troll earlier who calls people names rather than contributing at all.

Tires are subjective but feedback from forum owners is always a good thing.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Sway bar will help U with feel greatly, as the car will be quicker to respond. When I took my front eibach out it was like I lost half of the response.
But I agree MPSS are great in terms of feel, even tho they r older tech and there are girppier tires on the market.

Sway + good align + maybe monoball bushings for much nicer steering feedback.

Last edited:

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I've yet to hear people say that PS4's are worse than the PSS in any metric but I'd love to see where you heard that. PS4's are good options, Also the Conti extreme contacts are pretty nice as well.
Sponsored