ODBLINK MX+ - Initial Setup - No GR Supra

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Anyone using ODBLINK MX+ to read diagnostic codes on their GR Supra? I have found a lot of post with the MX+ but all/most in relation to Bimmercode. When I did my initial setup today with the MX+ - when it came to vehicle setting - there is no GR Supra under the Toyota list and the mfg list did not give me a BMW option. I was able to manually enter some info on the setup screen and was able to then proceed to diagnostics. My question is - since it is not set up specifically for the Supra (or the equivalent BMW) am I missing functionality in terms of diagnostic codes, features, etc.???

TIA
Sponsored

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Codes should display fine. I don't have mine set up either. Only down side is not getting MPG, etc info. I only use mine to read/clear codes, though.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Are you trying to set it up in BimmerCode or the OBDLink app?

For BimmerCode see the user guide here:

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/bimmercode-user-guide.6429/

The OBDLink app doesn’t have a Supra option but it will display a bunch of generic diagnostics, dashboards you can configure, monitors, and logs.

If you want to read error codes, reset messages, etc., you will need BimmerLink.

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Codes should display fine. I don't have mine set up either. Only down side is not getting MPG, etc info. I only use mine to read/clear codes, though.
Thx - kinda glad I was not just missing something obvious!

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Are you trying to set it up in BimmerCode or the OBDLink app?

For BimmerCode see the user guide here:

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/bimmercode-user-guide.6429/

The OBDLink app doesn’t have a Supra option but it will display a bunch of generic diagnostics, dashboards you can configure, monitors, and logs.

If you want to read error codes, reset messages, etc., you will need BimmerLink.
Thanks for the reply - I just finished watching a vid about Bimmerlink and will be downloading to use instead of the OBDLink App - at least for all the codes. Thanks!

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bimmerlink says what the code is instead of just displaying the code? That's good for those of us that don't like to Google. 😂
I downloaded and used Bimmerlink for the first time today. Pretty nice app!

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have it for doing a bit of coding. I haven't used it for CELs though.
I've only had my car will be a week tomorrow. Purchased a 2021 A91 from out of state dealer. I think the previous owner had done some mods though don't know what. I think at a min they did an aftermarket downpipe. Using Bimmerlink I read the diag codes and one is a code for Oxygen Sensor after catalytic convertor which from what I've seen on the forum is a pretty common issue. I'm taking care of Toyota dealer next week for oil change and are going to have them check to see if it's just a sensor or if there is an aftermarket downpipe. I think it (Bimmerlink) is going to be a handy tool :)

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I've only had my car will be a week tomorrow. Purchased a 2021 A91 from out of state dealer. I think the previous owner had done some mods though don't know what. I think at a min they did an aftermarket downpipe. Using Bimmerlink I read the diag codes and one is a code for Oxygen Sensor after catalytic convertor which from what I've seen on the forum is a pretty common issue. I'm taking care of Toyota dealer next week for oil change and are going to have them check to see if it's just a sensor or if there is an aftermarket downpipe. I think it (Bimmerlink) is going to be a handy tool :)
I tried to buy a handful of Supras off of carvana. I had one done, then they told me there is an issue with it not passing smog. From that point on, I couldn't get carvana to let me select one for purchase. All of them had disclaimers saying not for sale in california.

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I tried to buy a handful of Supras off of carvana. I had one done, then they told me there is an issue with it not passing smog. From that point on, I couldn't get carvana to let me select one for purchase. All of them had disclaimers saying not for sale in california.
Yeah - the downpipe seems to be a pretty popular mod - I've asked the dealer I purchased from if they could reach out to previous owner and see if he be willing to talk with me but no reply yet. Other than this - The car seems to be in really good shape. Have you done any mods to your 2021 and where did you end up purchasing from - one already in CA?

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yeah - the downpipe seems to be a pretty popular mod - I've asked the dealer I purchased from if they could reach out to previous owner and see if he be willing to talk with me but no reply yet. Other than this - The car seems to be in really good shape. Have you done any mods to your 2021 and where did you end up purchasing from - one already in CA?
I swapped a DP because I bought the car for the track. I figured less heat= healthier engine. But I'm fighting CELs. After testing a few anti fouler combinations, I'm still dealing with an occasional O2 heater code.

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I swapped a DP because I bought the car for the track. I figured less heat= healthier engine. But I'm fighting CELs. After testing a few anti fouler combinations, I'm still dealing with an occasional O2 heater code.
Got it - have fun at the track! Post some pics sometime if you get a chance....... Let me know if you get the CEL thing licked!

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Porsche3.jpg
Got it - have fun at the track! Post some pics sometime if you get a chance....... Let me know if you get the CEL thing licked!
So far only one track day and an autox. It did great considering it's 100% stock.
CEL comes back every other week or so. I'm trying to figure out what triggers it.

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche3.jpg

So far only one track day and an autox. It did great considering it's 100% stock.
CEL comes back every other week or so. I'm trying to figure out what triggers it.
Nice! My brother has a GT350 and I'm going to try and talk him into doing a track day.. I've never done it but I think I'd like to try for sure!
Sponsored