OEM Front splitter pieces

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
Anyone know if this plastic can be buffed or reconditioned to remove these blemishes? Hit a cone on GingerMan going through turn 6.

Would prefer to just try and make it look better instead of replacing the whole piece.

6D006472-6D90-47CF-95C6-B2AD3AB16DDA.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Anyone know if this plastic can be buffed or reconditioned do remove these blemishes? Hit a cone on GingerMan going through turn 6.

Would prefer to just try and make it look better instead of replacing the whole piece.

6D006472-6D90-47CF-95C6-B2AD3AB16DDA.jpeg
If it comes down to it, you can get that part for ~35 bucks.

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If it comes down to it, you can get that part for ~35 bucks.
That’s all it costs??? Nice. I shouldn’t be so afraid of hitting cones then. I’ll wait after 6-10 more track days because I’m sure this is the first of many battle wounds to come lol.

YellowJacket

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Toyota Supra 3.0
I was forever replacing my air deflectors underneath my C7 when I had it. That was $160 a pop. That is a good price.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
That’s all it costs??? Nice. I shouldn’t be so afraid of hitting cones then. I’ll wait after 6-10 more track days because I’m sure this is the first of many battle wounds to come lol.
15 points each cone you hit, you should finish each track day with 300 points

Neilswheel

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 2017 VW Tiguan
The part is pretty cheap. I have one. For the life of me, I could not get the old one to come off. One video I looked at said it might be a little tricky to remove. If anyone knows the trick please let me know.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
For what it's worth and probably totally unnecessary but idk:

I recently had to replace this piece and Toyota recommends recalibration of the front bumper sensors whenever the front bumper is removed (there might also be a code or notification that pops up on the dash of you don't?). They charge $900 for that at the dealership and requires the ordering of a special tool for the techs to borrow because there are only 4 or 5 in the whole US.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The part is pretty cheap. I have one. For the life of me, I could not get the old one to come off. One video I looked at said it might be a little tricky to remove. If anyone knows the trick please let me know.
I took mine off, with the bump on, to do a CF replacement.

F64031D7-0CCE-4455-B4D5-BE421C0A79A5_1_105_c.jpeg

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

I recently had to replace this piece and Toyota recommends recalibration of the front bumper sensors whenever the front bumper is removed (there might also be a code or notification that pops up on the dash of you don't?). They charge $900 for that at the dealership and requires the ordering of a special tool for the techs to borrow because there are only 4 or 5 in the whole US.
I took mine off, with the bump on, to do a CF replacement.

F64031D7-0CCE-4455-B4D5-BE421C0A79A5_1_105_c.jpeg
Very nice. Love how the front looks. What splitter is that?

Glad I didn’t have that set up when I went off-roading, though lol I would’ve been mad.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF

Interesting - here in NC, they charged me less than $400 for the calibration when they had to replace my radar bracket. It took nearly a week because they had to wait for the tool to come in, though. They ordered the tool on Tuesday, and it didn't arrive until Friday - though the tech said it's generally delivered the next day, when they need it.

They also recommend the calibration when you have an alignment done, as the auto-braking, etc. uses the thrust angle of the car in its decisions.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450

incorrect and unnecessary. Your dealership is a stealership

to the Op: If you are serious about tracking- let it be. track scars are part of the game and unavoidable if you are really a track rat. If you ever want to sell replace and respray then. otherwise your going to be chasing your tail

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
incorrect and unnecessary. Your dealership is a stealership

to the Op: If you are serious about tracking- let it be. track scars are part of the game and unavoidable if you are really a track rat. If you ever want to sell replace and respray then. otherwise your going to be chasing your tail
My thoughts exactly. Thanks for reaffirming! I’ll wait until the day I want to sell or it actually breaks lol. I think I am becoming a track rat. I went to two track days this week, trying to make it three within 7 days!

During the nicer weather months here, I am trying to do at least 1-2 a month.

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very nice. Love how the front looks. What splitter is that?

Glad I didn’t have that set up when I went off-roading, though lol I would’ve been mad.
Canards and Splitter are Verus Engineering. CF lip replacement is a prototype from Suvneer. It's pretty garbage, but was testing fitting for them. Not sure if he's going to put more effort into, but I'd really like it if it fit a little better.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
My thoughts exactly. Thanks for reaffirming! I’ll wait until the day I want to sell or it actually breaks lol. I think I am becoming a track rat. I went to two track days this week, trying to make it thwithin 7 days!

During the nicer weather months here, I am trying to do at least 1-2 a month.

Awesome! i do about 3 a month.
What area are you? Link up with fellow Zupras trackies. I try an invite local fb supras to my track all the time.
Sponsored