OEM Wheel Alignment and handling upgrades

Muzzie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JARAMA RACETRACK EDITION Arrives July
Does anyone know the RHD OEM Wheel alignment measurements? It may be the weather, but the rear end feels a bit twitchy. I was considering upgrading the strut brace, chassis brace and roll bars. Has anyone in the UK done these upgrades and what was the result?
Sponsored

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
You mean what is the alignment supposed to be, or what is it in reality? These cars (and most BMWs from what I gather) are very poorly aligned from the factory, and getting it re-aligned to factory specs will do wonders for the feel even if you’ve made no suspension modifications.

OP
OP

Muzzie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes, I took the car to a garage to check the alignment and it was running 0 deg camber front and rear. This didn't seem correct, but I was told this was within Toyota's spec. I'm no expert, so I didn't want to mess around and end up in a ditch. I just need a good road setup. I can't find any info for a right-hand drive car.

Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro
Hi Paul.
You might find this interesting,

I have a similar issue and not just in the wet.
I also have been concidering getting the alignment checked by a specailist

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
It would be interesting to see if all supras are set up like in the video, for me it's a quality control issue either from factory or dealer...

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
I had an alignment done at A Reeve performance here in the UK after seeing quite a few people with bad factory alignment on Facebook. I don't have the measurements to hand but it's sorted out the rear end squirming a lot under hard acceleration

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
Hi Paul.

I had an alignment done to the same spec as what was done by Manthey/Raeder Motorsport in the video. It’s transformed the car’s handling. My factory alignment was absolutely wonky, and it seems that whatever system my local garage uses, it doesn’t have the factory alignment specs for the Supra yet.

OP
OP

Muzzie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Same here, none of my local garages has the factory alignment specs for the Supra yet. The Toyota dealership emailed me this

-1°50' +/- 25' (-1.83° +/- 0.42°) *7 -2°00' +/- 25' (-2.00° +/- 0.42°) *8

0°14' +/- 12' (0.23° +/- 0.20°) *9 0°14' +/- 4' (0.23° +/- 0.07°) *10

2.7 +/- 2.4 (0.1063 +/- 0.0945) *9 2.7 +/- 0.8 (0.1063 +/- 0.0315) *10

As I'm not a car mechanic, it didn't make much sense. I assume the OEM setting is:

-1°50' camber on the front, -2°00' on the rear and 0°14' toe-in front and rear. I'm I correct?

OP
OP

Muzzie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've had the car four-wheel aligned, and I'm confused. Two local garages have told me not to deviate from the Toyota spec and that the front camber can't be adjusted. However, the front camber on my car is amber on the alignment reading, so I'm unsure if this would affect the handling?

I have tried to increase the toe-in on the rear, and the car was undrivable. So I've changed it back to the stock setting, and I'm back to square one.

My issue is that if I give the car some throttle in a straight line, the car wants to turn on its AR$£ and spit me out!! I know the roads in the UK aren't the best this time of year, but I have to be careful as the car is unpredictable. Any thought?

Also, I've been thinking of upgrading the strut bars, rolls bar and lowering springs, will any of these help with straight-line traction?

AbdulN

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Hi Paul.

So what are the settings in the video again? He didn't advertise any.