**OFFICIAL** World Power Record and First 800+whp Supra MKV

tisdrew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 335i, Kouki s14
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen mentions elsewhere that you're looking to throw rods/pistons in it and break into four digits. Still the plan?

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Love how the Torque keeps climbing linearly - that makes for a very predictable and fast car.

this is EXACTLY the case. I'm happy to see someone notice that. Great flat torque plateau as stated is very predicable and I purposely tuned the car this way. It also allows me to bring in more torque or HP across almost that entire range. As the profile is made via the tune, not a turbo limitation.

So if im in a situation where i want or need more midrange below the peak, bump it up and go. This turbo has a lot more in it. as you can see i was actually letting off fairly early like 6500-6600rpm. Turbo wants more as you can see power still climbing.

I've seen mentions elsewhere that you're looking to throw rods/pistons in it and break into four digits. Still the plan?
yes, we are currently looking to source a used good engine to put a simple rod and piston upgrade in. We are doing this so minimally to see where the other limits are and we will upgrade as we go. Rod and Piston upgrade will be enough to get me to 1000whp. We are basically almost at 1000crank HP based on the dyno. So yes, 1k will come.

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
is the b58 engine able to rev to 8k? or is it going to need head work?
now, that would be badass!!! Revving up to 8k like a k series lol
that im not sure yet. 7200-7300rpm or so should be doable without head work or valvetrain upgrades. but we'll see.

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
As we continue push the A90 Supra platform forward and push the limits of all the factory components on our MKV.

We are happy to announce we have teamed up with CSF Radiators to help get data and further development of their upcoming upgraded bolt in Heat Exchanger.

When running large amounts or boost or even moderate boost on long track sessions cooling is one of the most important aspects of creating and sustaining power. So a higher capacity and more efficient heat exchanger is a no brainer.

Stay Tuned for updates and get ready for a great cooling upgrade for your MKV Supra.

#Twistedtuning #twistedtuned #intwistedwetrust #followme #carswithoutlimits #supramkv #supraforums #a90 #supra #a90supra #toyota #b58 #b58king #suprafanatics #heatexchanger #cooling #worldrecord #mhdflasher #ecutek #Spoolstreet #csfradiators #intercooler #a2w #bmw #mkv #2jz #700whp #800whp #borgwarner #EFR9280

IMG_20200416_160240_500.jpg
IMG_20200416_160240_495.jpg

IMG_20200416_160240_500.jpg

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
WOW! These numbers are SUPER impressive, and damn does that the torque look like it would knock you back and hold you back!!! For me though, the curve that the stock turbo produces with a good tune looks a little more fun for the street! Lots of lag here compared to the stock setup. (Expected)

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
WOW! These numbers are SUPER impressive, and damn does that the torque look like it would knock you back and hold you back!!! For me though, the curve that the stock turbo produces with a good tune looks a little more fun for the street! Lots of lag here compared to the stock setup. (Expected)

thank you. yea, some people like 8 million torque at 3000rpm, haha. That's definitely fine. As its literally only going to help 1st gear from a dig. But racing is done at engine speeds all above 4800-5000rpms in a straight line. However, this graph is not a limit to how fast this turbo can spool. its just tuned that way for where i want my torque and power to be. I can turn the torque up more or less in the area under the peak. So if i'm in a situation where i'm doing a dig race and need more out the hole, spool it up faster and target more boost and adjust timing.

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
is the b58 engine able to rev to 8k? or is it going to need head work?
now, that would be badass!!! Revving up to 8k like a k series lol
that im not sure yet. 7200-7300rpm or so should be doable without head work or valvetrain upgrades. but we'll see.

back to this, yesterday i started playing with raising rev limiter. just a small bump first to 7150rpm and car felt good. going to bump to 7300rpm to see how it does.

b58 raised rpm.png

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Not starting to feel any choking due to the headifold? I'm assuming you'd see MAF and IAT decrease/increase accordingly?

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Not starting to feel any choking due to the headifold? I'm assuming you'd see MAF and IAT decrease/increase accordingly?
as of now, no. And to add to this, we are still running the stock catback exhaust. going to be trying 7300rpm over the weekend. Since i have not been able to successfully pull the stock TCM file off the TCM yet, im still unsure where the trans will force itself to shift since i haven't been able to view the calibration. So they may be a point where i can raise the Engine rev limit beyond the trans limit and the car shifts before reaching the engine limit. But we will see.

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95' Supra, '15 Maserati, '98 Skyline, '15 Mustang, M5
Very interesting
Keep updating us here
Well done

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
6.40sec 60-130mph which is i believe the fastest full weight time. The couple people doc'd on dragy that are ahead of me are all weight reduction and nitrous. And within 1 to 3 tenths of my time. Working on 5sec at full weight. Im also 285lb myself

screenshot_20200505-200253_dragy-jpg.jpg
Sponsored