Officially ordered my A91 edition

QQ520TT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Solara, FRS, Prius
I have vacation next week, I'm seriously debating shopping for something else, starting with an M2 Competition. I've sent Toyota USA an email that I find all these delays unacceptable. It took 5 weeks to build my car in Austria, take it to Germany, board a ship, sail across the Atlantic, and then it takes 6 weeks, and counting, to do the last 400 miles from Jersey to Ohio. Not to mention the whole spoiler thing. I usually don't get upset, but it's getting ridiculous now.
I feel you man! It really sucks. I think you can at least ask the dealer to discount the price a little or take off the price of the spoiler. The dealer will make money from your order anyway. It is about making things right for a good customer.

DrDrilz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I'm up to 8 months almost. Which in itself is not a big deal. It would be one thing if they were late getting built, and nobody had them yet. But they've been here for 6 weeks now, just sitting, while others have been delivered. And that's Bullshit.
Are there none for sale at any dealers in your area? Here in Georgia there were several just sitting at dealerships (none presold) last week. I just walked in and bought one.

prolegend81

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 supra A91 Refraction
Just an FYI for anyone with one ordered in southeast toyota. As of this morning mine is no longer showing a "ship hold" status in dealer daily, and is showing "Y" under work order printed. ( which I am assuming is progress) However, the new dealer ETA has bumped back to 11/05.

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
Just an FYI for anyone with one ordered in southeast toyota. As of this morning mine is no longer showing a "ship hold" status in dealer daily, and is showing "Y" under work order printed. ( which I am assuming is progress) However, the new dealer ETA has bumped back to 11/05.
Yours is moving in the right direction it looks like. I am wondering if your car was held up for a different reason than mine? You mentioned "ship hold" The screenshot of the dealer daily i got from my dealer says "Quality Confirmation Hold"

prolegend81

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 supra A91 Refraction
Potentially the language may be different from distributor to distributor across the U.S even though the root of it is the same.

Supbrah

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Downshift Blue Supra
This sucks and I feel bad for you. I’ve ordered two cars in my life, the second one was a bunch of waiting, very few updates and it ended up being a lemon. I won’t ever (probably lying) do it again.

I bought my Supra on a bit of an impulse and the instant gratification was nice.

Good luck with whatever path you take.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I will have to check them out. I havent see the color in person yet. But the color looks amazing in the photo you took!
it is very tempting color.. measured the stripes more as well as the wing. label does say it's CF painted in black. although it looks like a plastic. :p

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
Here's some photos.

20200923_111715.jpg

20200923_111642.jpg

20200923_111706.jpg
Thanks for the photos! That spoiler is wider than i thought. I wish they would have left that exposed carbon instead of paiting it cause it does look at a plastic spoiler lol. I wonder if it's actually drilled on instead of 3m tape?

Now this wait is really killing me! I want my car already. I have bee w/o a Supra for the last 3months and it's killing me

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
It's supposedly drilled which imo kinda sucks but yeah it's much bigger than I thought in these new pics

DrDrilz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
If anyone in the Atlanta area is looking, a dealer called me about a blue A91 coming in on Friday @msrp. Hendrick Toyota.