Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I decided since it wasn't coming with the spoiler, and they weren't charging me for the 1200 spoiler, I'd buy an after market one. I got the Rexpeed one and it looks awesome!
Looks great! But I'm waiting for the OEM one. I'm even debating shelling out a little more and get the TRD one to match the mirror caps

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Looks great! But I'm waiting for the OEM one. I'm even debating shelling out a little more and get the TRD one to match the mirror caps
lol I was thinking the same thing when I first heard about the spoiler issue. Prob end up costing about 2500-3000 for the TRD spoiler. that or the Rexspeed one look so much better than the stock a91 spoiler from what I can tell in pics

but dealer said my car definitely has the spoiler and told me today they will be receiving it on the 14th. Finally! So stoked.

Last edited:

HelloPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX, Supra
lol I was thinking the same thing when I first heard about the spoiler issue. Prob end up costing about 2500-3000 for the TRD spoiler. that or the Rexspeed one look so much better than the stock a91 spoiler from what I can tell in pics

but dealer said my car definitely has the spoiler and told me today they will be receiving it on the 14th. Finally! So stoked.
Niceeee California ETAs are good to hear! I didnā€™t check with my dealer yet but hopefully the same status. Where for CA are you?

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra

Through japanparts I can have it shipped at my house for $1900

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
youre right. could have sworn it was more when i checked a while back, probably not tho haha.

Niceeee California ETAs are good to hear! I didnā€™t check with my dealer yet but hopefully the same status. Where for CA are you?
from Marin and as of two days ago will be the only one they receive. Santa Margarita also has one coming in around that day but 5k over MSRP and no spoiler.

HelloPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX, Supra
youre right. could have sworn it was more when i checked a while back, probably not tho haha.

from Marin and as of two days ago will be the only one they receive. Santa Margarita also has one coming in around that day but 5k over MSRP and no spoiler.
Oh nice im in San Jose and still no update so Iā€™ll keep checking in through the week on status updates.

A91Refraction

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
More action happening today at Long Beach port for those of us on the west cost. My VIN no longer has the port hold quality comment, but it is not yet in freight status either. For the longest time the spoiler was an option that could have been removed but that too is not changeable now. SO.....hopefully the spoiler is installed and I will see an ETA in the next couple days.

Kyuen16

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Refraction
My girlfriend and I were talking and we came up with a possible reason for why some supras got the spoiler, lmk what you guys think?

so as we all know Toyota released a statement about a shortage of wings and they gave us the option to take it without the wing or wait for the car to arrive with the spoiler. As I been reading in this forum the mast majority of us said we want our car now and we'll take the spoiler later. What if they only had like 200 spoilers and Toyota couldnt decide which cars should get priority on the spoliers. So the cars that were not reserved/ the people that said they will wait, got the spolier on theirs as a priority.

A91Refraction

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
My girlfriend and I were talking and we came up with a possible reason for why some supras got the spoiler, lmk what you guys think?

so as we all know Toyota released a statement about a shortage of wings and they gave us the option to take it without the wing or wait for the car to arrive with the spoiler. As I been reading in this forum the mast majority of us said we want our car now and we'll take the spoiler later. What if they only had like 200 spoilers and Toyota couldnt decide which cars should get priority on the spoliers. So the cars that were not reserved/ the people that said they will wait, got the spolier on theirs as a priority.
I was hoping something like that would be the case, but I wonā€™t be convinced it even has it till I know itā€™s been shipped. Who knows, tomorrow it could go back on hold status....
If Iā€™ve learned anything from this thread itā€™s to try and stay calm when delays outside of our control happen. I see others finally getting theirs and I trust we are not far behind. Fingers crossed.

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91

The initial delay was due to the supplier. And then they discovered quality issue with the batch of carbon spoilers. So they had to put new carbon spoilers on which delayed the process.

HelloPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX, Supra
I was hoping something like that would be the case, but I wonā€™t be convinced it even has it till I know itā€™s been shipped. Who knows, tomorrow it could go back on hold status....
If Iā€™ve learned anything from this thread itā€™s to try and stay calm when delays outside of our control happen. I see others finally getting theirs and I trust we are not far behind. Fingers crossed.
no ETA on my car still donā€™t know how long itā€™ll take. The sales manager said no dealer in the Bay area has an ETA still.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
no ETA on my car still donā€™t know how long itā€™ll take. The sales manager said no dealer in the Bay area has an ETA still.
your dealer is definitely bullshitting you. Another dealer confirmed that the dealer I am purchasing my car from does in fact have an 10/14 date and shows reserved status. Purchasing from bay area, dealer contact from central cal