Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
For everyone paying msrp on their a91's. Did your total before taxes, fee's, etc. come to $58,180? Attached is the break down. Does this sound right? When I go to toyota's website the starting msrp is $54,795, does this price not include the $1195 spoiler? I don't even see that as an option listed to add.
My total with spoiler was $58,245. Spoiler got taken off the price later.
Your price is spoiler plus safety package I think. I also had wheel locks added.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
For everyone paying msrp on their a91's. Did your total before taxes, fee's, etc. come to $58,180? Attached is the break down. Does this sound right? When I go to toyota's website the starting msrp is $54,795, does this price not include the $1195 spoiler? I don't even see that as an option listed to add.
Yep. my car with drive-assist + spoiler came out to $58,179 + fees,taxes,etc.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Took delivery of my car today and took a couple photos before my 4.5 hr drive back home.

Initial impressions:
Started off with 9 miles today now has 350.
-Love how the car drives. Its extremely nimble and zippy.
-As far as I can tell the wind buffeting is not as bad as prior supra reviews have stated. To me, it seems like an average amount of buffeting. Idk if they changed something to mitigate the buffeting or if all those edm concerts took a number on my hearing haha.
-Although it would be nice to have a HUD, as far as i can tell all the functionality that the HUD has is doable from the cluster so not really that big of a deal.
-This car gets more attention than i thought it would. As I went to go fill my gas with the dealer i had a group of construction workers come up to me wanting to talk about the car. I also noticed most people that were stopped behind me at lights were taking pics of my car. Not exactly sure how i feel about how much attention this car actually gets.
-The blind spots in the car are pretty intimidating at first, but since its a small car + BSM + positioning mirrors appropriately its not a big deal either.
-Driving the car on the freeway is a breeze with all the driver assists on the car. Very lowkey selfdriving (its no tesla but far better than other implementations ive seen even compared to other lexus and toyotas)

My complaints with the car:
-No HUD (explained earlier)
-I think something is wrong with my hood latches. Both the latches attached to the hood are wobbly and it takes a bit of effort to close the left latch when facing the front of the car(will be taking it into the dealer tomorrow to see if thats normal)
-Opened the trunk for the first time and realized how small that space really is.
-why tf is there no trunk unlock on the exterior of the car?!
-The wireless charging makes my phone extremely hot. So hot that it made the wireless apple car play and music start to get really laggy so I'll probably just connect to a cable if i ever need to charge now. ( i also took off that plastic cover off the wireless charging mat).
-Kinda difficult to get in and out of the car but still manageable (im 5'8)
-infotainment is really dark. almost unusable during the day but i still have that blue film on top of it (Can probably fix this with bimmercode or removing that film)
-infotainment is positioned really poorly imo, even if it were brighter i still feel like the angle is really awkward.
- i miss having a moonroof but the double bubble is pretty cool from the outside.
-I havent heard my exhaust pops at all even in sport mode :(

Overall, worth the wait and the blue looks fantastic in person

1603161105633.png
1603161179856.png

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Took delivery of my car today and took a couple photos before my 4.5 hr drive back home.

Initial impressions:
Started off with 9 miles today now has 350.
-Love how the car drives. Its extremely nimble and zippy.
-As far as I can tell the wind buffeting is not as bad as prior supra reviews have stated. To me, it seems like an average amount of buffeting. Idk if they changed something to mitigate the buffeting or if all those edm concerts took a number on my hearing haha.
-Although it would be nice to have a HUD, as far as i can tell all the functionality that the HUD has is doable from the cluster so not really that big of a deal.
-This car gets more attention than i thought it would. As I went to go fill my gas with the dealer i had a group of construction workers come up to me wanting to talk about the car. I also noticed most people that were stopped behind me at lights were taking pics of my car. Not exactly sure how i feel about how much attention this car actually gets.
-The blind spots in the car are pretty intimidating at first, but since its a small car + BSM + positioning mirrors appropriately its not a big deal either.
-Driving the car on the freeway is a breeze with all the driver assists on the car. Very lowkey selfdriving (its no tesla but far better than other implementations ive seen even compared to other lexus and toyotas)

My complaints with the car:
-No HUD (explained earlier)
-I think something is wrong with my hood latches. Both the latches attached to the hood are wobbly and it takes a bit of effort to close the left latch when facing the front of the car(will be taking it into the dealer tomorrow to see if thats normal)
-Opened the trunk for the first time and realized how small that space really is.
-why tf is there no trunk unlock on the exterior of the car?!
-The wireless charging makes my phone extremely hot. So hot that it made the wireless apple car play and music start to get really laggy so I'll probably just connect to a cable if i ever need to charge now. ( i also took off that plastic cover off the wireless charging mat).
-Kinda difficult to get in and out of the car but still manageable (im 5'8)
-infotainment is really dark. almost unusable during the day but i still have that blue film on top of it (Can probably fix this with bimmercode or removing that film)
-infotainment is positioned really poorly imo, even if it were brighter i still feel like the angle is really awkward.
- i miss having a moonroof but the double bubble is pretty cool from the outside.
-I havent heard my exhaust pops at all even in sport mode :(

Overall, worth the wait and the blue looks fantastic in person

1603161105633.png
1603161179856.png
Congrats!

You have to drop the hood from about a foot high. Not lay it on there and push.

The blue film is supposed to come off lol. But yes it changes brightness on it's own.

At what rpm are you downshifting? Mine burbles all the time. Had a random gunshot here and there but those are childish anyway lol.

Last edited:

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Yeah the radar cruise control is really nicely done, isn't it? It even does well in city stop & go5mph.

I had a hood latch problem too! Same one, left side, didn't latch once, so I had to try a second time. Swear I did it the recommended "drop from a foot up" way both times.

And yeah, seems like 21s don't pop much. I got one, once, lifting off hard accel when the car was fully warmed up from some twisty roads. I like it that way, but if you don't I'm sure it's tunable. With my exhaust pops in regular driving would probably be a problem.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
You have to drop the hood from about a foot high. Not lay it on there and push.

The blue film is supposed to come off lol. But yes it changes brightness on it's own.
Thats what i did. In my 2 attempts the right side closed properly but left side did not. the only way i got it to latch properly was pushing down on it. Ill try it again tomorrow and see i just need to drop it from an even higher height lol. was afraid i was gonna break something if i did it too high.

and yeah haha. it took me about 3 months to take the one i had on my bmw off. but the bmw one was clear so it wasnt that big of a bother. Just contemplating if i should get a screen cover or not. i noticed I actually use the touch screen for car play becayse its so much easier than using the dial. i dont think i've ever used the touchscreen on the bmw though (no carplay).

And yeah, seems like 21s don't pop much. I got one, once, lifting off hard accel when the car was fully warmed up from some twisty roads. I like it that way, but if you don't I'm sure it's tunable. With my exhaust pops in regular driving would probably be a problem.
I actually dont mind that it doesnt pop. Just would have been nice to hear it every now and then in sport mode. that engine start roar is enough tbh haha.

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thats what i did. In my 2 attempts the right side closed properly but left side did not. the only way i got it to latch properly was pushing down on it. Ill try it again tomorrow and see i just need to drop it from an even higher height lol. was afraid i was gonna break something if i did it too high.

I actually dont mind that it doesnt pop. Just would have been nice to hear it every now and then in sport mode. that engine start roar is enough tbh haha.
I give it a little extra swing lol. It won't hurt anything.

Mine burbles all the time lol. But I downshift around 3000 rpm.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
im actually not sure what rpm i was trying to downshift at. Pretty sure it was around 3k as well. Didn't want to go over 4500 rpm until my break-in is over so I was being a bit conservative on it.

Tomc

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 reflection
im actually not sure what rpm i was trying to downshift at. Pretty sure it was around 3k as well. Didn't want to go over 4500 rpm until my break-in is over so I was being a bit conservative on it.
Do you get your secondary mirror caps? A91 came with 2 sets

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
theres 2 sets of mirror caps? i just have the cf ones that are installed. i just looked at my spec sheet too doesnt mention anything about coming with additional caps

Last edited:

ThatOneSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition Supra (Refraction Blue), 2004 Nissan 350z
theres 2 sets of mirror caps? i just have the cf ones that are installed. i just looked at my spec sheet too doesnt mention anything about coming with additional caps
Yeah mine and I believe most others came with the standard black mirror caps also. Mine was in the trunk in 2 boxes and also the front plate mount.

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I didn't get the regular mirror caps. Just the CF ones installed on the car.

CaptRapt

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Raptor, 2020 TRD 4Runner, 2021 A91
Every "sporty exhaust" from factory I've had on cars took 2k-3k miles to "burn in". After about the first oil change the exhaust will start to get louder. Obviously if you drive the piss out of it, it'll probably happen sooner. I've seen a few people claiming they get more pops after only a few hundred miles on the 21s.

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
Well, I couldnā€™t wait for my car to come in so I went and picked up another A91 that landed at a different dealership. Drove 3hrs to NJ from MD to get it. Was the last one to leave the dealer and had a super late drive home. Only good thing about driving home late was the NJ turnpike was wide open lol. I got to open it up for the most of the drive. Didnā€™t get to take good pics cause it was dark out. I will get some better pics after washing it.

It will be getting a full paint correction and wheels off ceramic coating done in the next few weeks. I am definitely in love with the color! Itā€™s different coming from a Nocturnal LE. I would say stock for stock, the 2021 drives and feels more stable at higher speeds.

21506CC6-680E-488D-A022-1E7AFC17B6F7.jpeg

78DDBEF3-5D62-44F3-8C6D-0FC1BF24485D.jpeg

In case most of you might ask. Yes it does have the factory Carbon Spoiler. It was one of the higher MSRP Car due to the pointless port installed options.

Kyuen16

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Refraction
So I read that 1 person got 2 sets of mirror caps on here the basic and the CF. so when I picked up my baby, my dad and I kept bringing up how everyone got 2 sets of mirror caps just to push them to see if they had them or was willing to give them. They told us they donā€™t know anything about that and itā€™s possible that the port took them. But if they for some reason get them later they will call us, but I think that was just talk for us to move on.