Officially ordered my A91 edition

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Well, I couldn’t wait for my car to come in so I went and picked up another A91 that landed at a different dealership. Drove 3hrs to NJ from MD to get it. Was the last one to leave the dealer and had a super late drive home. Only good thing about driving home late was the NJ turnpike was wide open lol. I got to open it up for the most of the drive. Didn’t get to take good pics cause it was dark out. I will get some better pics after washing it.

It will be getting a full paint correction and wheels off ceramic coating done in the next few weeks. I am definitely in love with the color! It’s different coming from a Nocturnal LE. I would say stock for stock, the 2021 drives and feels more stable at higher speeds.

21506CC6-680E-488D-A022-1E7AFC17B6F7.jpeg

78DDBEF3-5D62-44F3-8C6D-0FC1BF24485D.jpeg

In case most of you might ask. Yes it does have the factory Carbon Spoiler. It was one of the higher MSRP Car due to the pointless port installed options.
congrats! by any chance, did you pick it up from parkway toyota in englewood?

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
That spoiler just finishes it off beautifully. Hope they get in soon.

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
I'll post a pic from the interior out the rear view mirror. The angle on the spoiler is pretty sharp and I gotta say that it is applying functional down force

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'll post a pic from the interior out the rear view mirror. The angle on the spoiler is pretty sharp and I gotta say that it is applying functional down force
Hope so :rofl: I was out in a drizzle this morning and under half throttle going through intersections her ass was hanging out lol! This car is waaaaay too much fun ;)

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Imagine what it would be like if it was tuned :thumbsup: :cool:
Those 275 Super Sports are barely holding on as is. With a 100 or more torque you'd definitely need wider and stickier rubber. I like where the car is though. It's powerful enough where you can have fun and play with it. Sometimes when you add (too much) power, you lose that playfulness and it takes away from the car. Especially if you neglect the supporting mods like tires. Or tyres ;) I'm excited to see what she'll do on the track next year.

A91Refraction

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Since
Word on the street is mid to late November before the spoiler will be available but there are some part numbers available for a couple other A91 specific items that I was able to get. Actually surprised they didn't have these on MAC (Manual Allocation Control) needing a qualifying VIN to get so looks like anyone that wants them can order them from a dealer. People were already doing their own decals but I didn't really want everyone to get our special edition key gloves. :doh:

Once I can confirm that spoiler orders are being taken (and my order is locked in), I will let everyone know the part number and process. ;)

Only 7 more days (current eta) till I take delivery of mine in AZ. I can't wait!!! :headbang:

Attachments

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Since

Word on the street is mid to late November before the spoiler will be available but there are some part numbers available for a couple other A91 specific items that I was able to get. Actually surprised they didn't have these on MAC (Manual Allocation Control) needing a qualifying VIN to get so looks like anyone that wants them can order them from a dealer. People were already doing their own decals but I didn't really want everyone to get our special edition key gloves. :doh:

Once I can confirm that spoiler orders are being taken (and my order is locked in), I will let everyone know the part number and process. ;)

Only 7 more days (current eta) till I take delivery of mine in AZ. I can't wait!!! :headbang:
Yeah keep me posted!

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Spoiler definitely completes the look thats for sure. The matte black actually looks pretty good ngl.

only issue with it is what @Dooo stated above. Therefore, it blocks a good portion of the rear. Never had a spoiler before but id imagine thats pretty normal.

1603237929590.png

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Spoiler definitely completes the look thats for sure. The matte black actually looks pretty good ngl.

only issue with it is what @Dooo stated above. Therefore, it blocks a good portion of the rear. Never had a spoiler before so id imagine thats pretty normal.

1603237929590.png
Rear smear... just go faster than everyone around you. Then you won't need to look behind :cool:
Being a truck driver I'm used to only having side mirrors so it never bothered me I guess.
For the type of car the mk5 is, I actually think it has great visibility. I've definitely been in worse cars.
You only really need a back window backing up and with the camera and sensors that's a non issue.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
gotta make sure theres no cops behind me though haha. but yeah visibility is not that bad. It seems way worse at first but you quickly get used to it. reversing from a parking spot could be a bit sketchy tho.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
gotta make sure theres no cops behind me though haha. but yeah visibility is not that bad. It seems way worse at first but you quickly get used to it. reversing from a parking spot could be a bit sketchy tho.
Once you get used to her hips in the mirror it's not a big deal. And you sit so far back in the car, that when you back out just a little, you can see each side. Sitting almost on top of the rear axle is great lol.