Officially ordered my A91 edition

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
Yes. It would also specify what was installed at the factory or at the port under vehicle specification in your owners account.
Not sure in this case since it lists it all under Special Edition, which says factory. Seats and wheels are factory but stripes/wing are not looks like.

upload_2020-8-23_17-21-5.png

Last edited:

Baperrin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Mazda RX8, 2021 Toyota Supra (ordered)
Someone posted an interesting article recently on how BMW installs certain things like M components and stuff at port recently.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Not sure in this case since it lists it all under Special Edition, which says factory. Seats and wheels are factory but stripes/wing are not looks like.

upload_2020-8-23_17-21-5.png
Interesting. Would be nice if they broke down that category but I guess they won't. I know that CF mirrors are port installed and are listed separately. Perhaps it will be updated?

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Actually, over the weekend one of the YouTube auto channels was explaining that car transport is in much greater demand currently and is much costlier than it used to be. Factor in all the used cars and auction shuffling going on and Iā€™d be willing to bet that at least some of the dwell time at the ports is due to lining up transport.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
Actually, over the weekend one of the YouTube auto channels was explaining that car transport is in much greater demand currently and is much costlier than it used to be. Factor in all the used cars and auction shuffling going on and Iā€™d be willing to bet that at least some of the dwell time at the ports is due to lining up transport.
Yeah I found an article from a while back about that too, so I'm sure this just compounds it.
giphy.gif

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
I received an update that my A91 is currently at Jacksonville but there is currently a hold from Toyota on all Supra vehicles at the site for quality inspection.

This could push the release of the vehicles back to second week of September...

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I received an update that my A91 is currently at Jacksonville but there is currently a hold from Toyota on all Supra vehicles at the site for quality inspection.

Sounds about right. I read toyota is trying to send them all out at the same time and us west coasters have a port date of Sept 14

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Interesting. I really hope this isnā€™t indicative of the relative quality coming out of the factory...

Iā€™ve resigned myself to not having a purchase opportunity on a 3.0 premium for at least a month and likely not for two months.

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sounds about right. I read toyota is trying to send them all out at the same time and us west coasters have a port date of Sept 14
I never really thought about it, but I guess a phased delivery would give the early dealers an unfair advantage to sell at higher markups for a brief time when a smaller number are available and hype/interest is highest.

Baperrin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Interesting. I really hope this isnā€™t indicative of the relative quality coming out of the factory...

Iā€™ve resigned myself to not having a purchase opportunity on a 3.0 premium for at least a month and likely not for two months.
I guess I understand them wanting them all out there around the same time, but I have to say it's exhausting knowing they're just sitting at the port. I've said it before, but seems like the whole process/difficulty of getting an A91 has been ridiculous as a whole.

Last edited:

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I never really thought about it, but I guess a phased delivery would give the early dealers an unfair advantage to sell at higher markups for a brief time when a smaller number are available and hype/interest is highest.
Yep, Interestingly the dealers in CA that ive came across selling a91 for MSRP either had deposits down or werent allowed to take any until closer to landing. And the ones with high markups were anxious to get as many deposits as they can get

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
They need to put a camera up at the Toyota facility and maybe a lil ATM under it so we can throw em cash every time they make progress on them. :thumbsup:

militaryhorn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Dodge Durango Limited, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I found one that hasn't been spoken for and the dealership told me they are receiving theirs next month. I would put a deposit down on it but still holding out that my local dealership here in San Antonio is getting one.

When I called them today, they said that they are getting one but don't know when or what color. The one I found is a Refraction color but if I get it there I will be putting several hundred miles on it instantly driving it back here to San Antonio. Plus, I will have to put down $2,000 to reserve it for me.

Decisions...decisions.

Baperrin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I found one that hasn't been spoken for and the dealership told me they are receiving theirs next month. I would put a deposit down on it but still holding out that my local dealership here in San Antonio is getting one.

When I called them today, they said that they are getting one but don't know when or what color. The one I found is a Refraction color but if I get it there I will be putting several hundred miles on it instantly driving it back here to San Antonio. Plus, I will have to put down $2,000 to reserve it for me.

Decisions...decisions.
It'll be nice and broken in when you get back ;)