Officially ordered my A91 edition

Baperrin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Mazda RX8, 2021 Toyota Supra (ordered)
That's so crazy. How do you have a shortage of one of the only things that makes these 1000 cars unique? 2022s will legit be on their way out by the time the A91s come out with their appropriate accessories. To be honesty, the spoiler was the one thing I wasn't sure how I felt about, I wonder if I can just get it without and leave it off?

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
That's so crazy. How do you have a shortage of one of the only things that makes these 1000 cars unique? 2022s will legit be on their way out by the time the A91s come out with their appropriate accessories. To be honesty, the spoiler was the one thing I wasn't sure how I felt about, I wonder if I can just get it without and leave it off?

fore real...thats kinda lame...wonder why they dont install this piece at the factory? oh well....it will get here when it gets here....i knew it was going to be something dumb or COVID delaying something this entire time...

ThatOneSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition Supra (Refraction Blue), 2004 Nissan 350z
Just got the call from my dealer also, confirming that the spoilers are what they are waiting on. Mine was supposed to be received today and had originally got pushed back to the 27th, But he just called and said all of the cars are being held because of the spoiler shortage. He said as of right now they haven't told him a set date on when they will be delivering.:doh:

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Sent an email to my dealership. See what they say I guess. Hopefully they'll allow the car to be delivered without the spoiler.

Baperrin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I emailed my dealer as well. Afraid to say that waiting a couple more months could potentially be a deal breaker for me.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
fore real...thats kinda lame...wonder why they dont install this piece at the factory? oh well....it will get here when it gets here....i knew it was going to be something dumb or COVID delaying something this entire time...
Total guess: All pre-existing agreements/routes on 2020 didn't include a spoiler. Toyota has the Spoiler made in Japan to a smaller company or with limited molds. Covid interfered with production both labor-wise and part raw part shortage-wise and of course shipments both with sea-freight and inspections, etc..

I really wanted to see if Toyota can pull of MY21 without a hick up and deliver many cars in June, but of course Covid got in the way. I'll evaluate their performance next year if the year 2020-1 lottery doesn't reveal any more devastating news :D:eek: :(

paikman

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
R33 GTR
My dealer called and offered the option to receive the car earlier (within a month) without the spoiler at a discount. Of course I took that. Said December if you wait for the spoiler.

Honestly I like this better.
So will you be receiving the spoiler, including installation, later on?

Baperrin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Total guess: All pre-existing agreements/routes on 2020 didn't include a spoiler. Toyota has the Spoiler made in Japan to a smaller company or with limited molds. Covid interfered with production both labor-wise and part raw part shortage-wise and of course shipments both with sea-freight and inspections, etc..

I really wanted to see if Toyota can pull of MY21 without a hick up and deliver many cars in June, but of course Covid got in the way. I'll evaluate their performance next year if the year 2020-1 lottery doesn't reveal any more devastating news :D:eek: :(
Frankly I think the lack of transparency about the process of getting your car is the part that has me the most frustrated. Not saying that we should always have the latest and greatest, but I feel like it's not cool how much time will be left before MY2022s come out with some other upgrade/improvement. The real kick in the face would be announcing horizon blue as a standard color lol. But in all seriousness, as someone who also really liked the Renaissance Red, I could have been driving one for nearly two months at this point.

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
i just talked to my sales guy and got the scoop......all the a91's are missing the wing....my car will be ready to pick up on monday the 31st..he told me they are going to ship the cars out and reduce the price on the a91's the cost of the wing ($1200) and the owners can all be eligible to buy the wing when they arrive in December and have it dealer installed. so good news is i should have my car on monday...bad news is i have to wait till December to get the wing

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
So will you be receiving the spoiler, including installation, later on?
That option is available (at a cost, I assume) because they'll discount the price of the spoiler-less car. I think I prefer some of the after-market wings anyway, so unlikely to take them up on it.

paikman

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
R33 GTR
So just got the same call - my sales person and rep are going to process mine that's been sitting at port without Spoiler.

jzhou125

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Ordered)A91 Refraction Blue, GLE43, C63 AMG
Made an account after following on the conversation in this thread. Honestly I have to agree with a lot of you guys. This whole lack of transparency and ludicrious wait time has slowly become a deal breaker for me. What makes it worse is that I am located in West Coast Canada so who knows when I get mine.... The spoiler situation is classic "WTF Toyota" moment, especially since I used to work for a Toyota Dealership.....

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
i was planning on getting my whole car ceramic coated when i got it....does this mean the 2 sided tape on the wing wont stick property when it shows up in december?

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
i was planning on getting my whole car ceramic coated when i got it....does this mean the 2 sided tape on the wing wont stick property when it shows up in december?
Shouldn't be an issue, they can also remove it there too.